[Request] Small Rc Style plane request!

Helloooo! I have trying and trying to make a small RC sized Drone plane to do scout missions on Duna as well as Laythe. Yet time after time, I fail Miserably .

So my challenge to you my fellow kerbonaughts;

1.Design a small plane that can fly for at least 8 minutes real time

2.Can carry a barometer and thermometer on its body

3.Can also be shipped easily to orbit

4.Is in a craft that can withstain reentry forces

5.Is reusable and it doesn't need to have landing gear as long as it can get off the ground!

6. If propellant powered please make sure I can refuel (I have KAS installed)

Thanks guys I appreciate it a lot! :cool:

4.Is in a craft that can withstain reentry forces

6. If propellant powered please make sure I can refuel (I have KAS installed)

There are no re-entry forces in the game and... You're asking us for a RCS powered plane. What do you mean by "If propellant powered" ?

I think the OP meant RC as in "Remote Controlled", not as in "Reaction Control System".

If that's the case, then they are looking for an unmanned "drone" type aircraft. That's easily done by using a probe core as the command pod instead of an aircraft cockpit.

As for small airplane parts, the Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace pack has half-sized versions of the stock jet engines, the jet fuel tank, structural fuselage, and tail boom, and it also has a modified config for the stock landing gear that makes it have a more reasonable weight.

That seems like a good place to start, and it has a bunch of very nice original wings, wingtips, and control surfaces as well.

If you want to have an aircraft that does not rely on fuel, the FireSpitter Aerospace pack has a propeller engine in it that runs on electricity, so you could make a solar-powered airplane using that. Then you would never have to worry about running out of fuel, just running out of sunlight!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.