Deepest point on Kerbin's Ocean...

MaverickSawyer

Has anyone noticed the =D face south of KSC? I used logomatic and Surfer 11 demo to create this map.

I used Surfer as well, and got the same thing a while ago!

8703871510_60f8e257b2_o.png

I also seem to have forgotten how to put a big image in a spoiler box. :-/

I used Surfer as well, and got the same thing a while ago!

-snip-

I also seem to have forgotten how to put a big image in a spoiler box. :-/

Spoilers are not working for some reason anyway, so no need to know. I think you guys just found another Easter egg...

Ok, thoughts on how to make a submarine...

Create a resource with negative mass (I know, hack, but hear me out), and edit a small tank to use that instead of fuel. Then, make it weigh a LOT when empty, and balance the "fuel" to make the tank have some mass at launch. Then, make an engine run on that "fuel" and action group it to dump your anti-ballast overboard, causing you to sink. Only downside: It can't be refilled by any means I can think of right now. You'll have to decouple it to depart for the surface.

Ok, thoughts on how to make a submarine...

Create a resource with negative mass (I know, hack, but hear me out), and edit a small tank to use that instead of fuel. Then, make it weigh a LOT when empty, and balance the "fuel" to make the tank have some mass at launch. Then, make an engine run on that "fuel" and action group it to dump your anti-ballast overboard, causing you to sink. Only downside: It can't be refilled by any means I can think of right now. You'll have to decouple it to depart for the surface.

or you could just make a probe with engines pointing upward and make it land on the ocean (refer to my screencap at my previous post here). coupled with infinifuel, you're now on for some science :cool:

You know, this got me thinking. Wasn't there a submarine mod a looooooong while ago, somewhere around 0.16? I can't find it in the forums, but then I can never find things in the forums :)

Did you miss The Purge? :P

I recall it too. That's where my idea came from. The only issue is that the old one used the fixed consumption rate system, not ISP. It also predates the resources system, so that may break the physics engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.