Opinions on 0.20

tstehler1

Maybe but I'm not talking about 500 part ships. More like 70. My computer is not very good.

Well, it's going to be relative for everybody based on what they've got to work with. I feel your pain, I've been in that rut a few times where I'm stuck with old or even failing hardware that makes it a chore to just watch a video, let alone play a game.

I hope things come around that lands you a newer powerful system soon. It's nice to not have to worry about performance issues with a game... not that I don't still have those with THIS game, mind you! :D

Sorry if I disappointing You, but sub-assemblies are very unlikely to came out in next update, not mention patches of actual one, this isn't small feature :).

Going back to KSP 0.20, feature that I love the most is the ability to keep AP/PE markers info displayed by clicking on them.

Maybe other features where more significant, but this made everything so much easier :D !

Erm...Haystack functionality is already there.

And exactly because this is an important thing to implement, don't you think? Or we still will be making fun of people complaining about 7 parts and making a big fuss about flags?

And exactly because this is an important thing to implement, don't you think? Or we still will be making fun of people complaining about 7 parts and making a big fuss about flags?

"Haystack" functionality is there, yes, but the sub-assembly loader will probably take some time to implement, especially now that they've just switched over to a new parts management system. Doubtless it really is no small thing to implement within the core game right now, but hey, I'm sure the subassembly loader mod will be updated soon (if it hasn't already) in which case there's no cause for angst. :)

Not quite a "fix for subassembly". You can't build the payload and then choose the craft.

just drag it off the first part, works great. that's what i do to slap my pre-build rover onto a lander. or slap a pre-built launch stage under it all.

Want to have some real fun?

Load up a ship, put it out for launch, then suddenly decide that all the parts are looking a little iffy and need re-loading.

Go ahead and do that from the debug menu. I'll hang out and watch.

/reaches for the popcorn

Haha some pics to

Because I'm going through another round of collecting and installing fixed mods and parts, I had an opportunity to go in and try the parts re-loader functionality again. Here's a clip of what I see when I commit a reload while a "ship" is on the pad, and what prompted my previous comment about it:

The first time I tried it, I had a 290 part SSTO on the runway, and all those models starting loading in right in the middle of it. KABOOOOOM!!! :0.0:

Where? Not sure I see it?

EDIT: Anyhoo, I'm waiting for the fixes for recent bugs. 0.20 is great, but the exploding ships is making it practically impossible for the missions I want to do.

Edited by CobraA1

Where? Not sure I see it?

EDIT: Anyhoo, I'm waiting for the fixes for recent bugs. 0.20 is great, but the exploding ships is making it practically impossible for the missions I want to do.

He was referring to the new Tracking Station functionality, where you can filter the vessels you can see (to make cluttered orbits easier to sort through), and select a ship to jump to, or even delete debris components without having to go to them and End Flight.

• "We fixed the cfg file loading, so people can use odd resolutions and edit the values outside of game again."

I was worried I wouldn't be able to bind controls via the .cfg file in 0.20 but it works fine, so no issues getting my joystick to work. Presumably the patch must fix some other values not loading?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.