[0.23.5] Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack (Updated 05/02/14) (New download link)

Talisar

I'm not certain I understand what you mean. The medium tanks right how have the 2.5m endcap and a 3.75m diameter. Do you mean another connector cap at right angles to the first? Or have the existing caps extended out from the ends more on a cylinder?

2znyix4.jpg This is what I mean.

And I also want the clean white texture back. :) The new one isn't bad, but for large tanks, it's resolution is too low and compression artifacts are visible.

these parts seem strangely laggy. I'm doing tests with a 5 part vessel that has 2 large, empty tanks, and I'm getting tons of lag.

I haven't seen this, but I frankly haven't been actually PLAYING much in the last few days beyond firing up KSP to load the new parts and test them. Anyone else seeing lag issues with these?

And I also want the clean white texture back. :) The new one isn't bad, but for large tanks, it's resolution is too low and compression artifacts are visible.

I personally love the new textures, but I could pretty easily throw together a texture pack in the original style for those who preferred that.

I also liked the original better. I had just changed the color of the orange band to a yellow shade for the MP tank, but it doesnt work for the larger/smaller tanks because I suck at graphical stuff.

It should work for the others too, but each size model has it's own texture map. You won't be able to just copy the medium to the large.

Thanks for these nice tanks!

I like the new look better, only the resolution for the large ones is a bit on the low side ;). Maybe it´s possible to upres the large one?

Both variants of the textures would be perfect, new design and the modified one from post #53.

But anyway, great work, thx!

This ship is absolutely breathtaking RoboRay :cool: What mods are you using beside spherical tanks?

Thanks! :)

The passenger cabins are actually truck cabs rear-sections from Modular Multiwheels. The long keels down each side are oblong fuel tanks and fuselage sections from Firespitter. Other than those, I think the rest is stock.

Ugh, I don't like the new textures at all. Frankly, I think the whole "caution band" thing is really overused in the stock parts (caution stripes on an ASAS? Why?) and in other mods. It was kind of refreshing seeing those big, beautiful white tanks here. :)

It was kind of refreshing seeing those big, beautiful white tanks here. :)

When I get home from work today I'll throw together a set of textures in the original style for those who want to go back to it

If you guys wanted the old tanks back or an option to use them you could have refrained from acting like my kid about it and just asked nicely, I did work really hard to make the new ones fall in line with the original KSP design aesthetic. Actually, I believe the UV mesh templates are available for each tank in the mod if you would like to create your own as Talisar was generous enough to leave the textures in the .png format. As for the large tank yes 1024*2 is way to small as unity engine is harsh on the image with its very poor up-scaling algorithm. Talisar, I can have the original format pulled together later today if you run into any problems just let me know.

I personally love the new textures, but I could pretty easily throw together a texture pack in the original style for those who preferred that.

That would be great, Talisar. It seems that some of us prefer the clean look of your original tanks, no personal slights intended to anyone, and on re-reading the posts above I couldn't find any. One of the great things about Kerbal Space Program is all the work contributed by everyone making it better and more interesting for all of us.

the new and the old textures a very good, i really like the new ones from Wyseman76 , because they give teh feeling of "stock parts". looking like real parts from Squad!

overall these tanks are very good, going to plan to use some on my spacestation and / or Duna researchvessel.

I believe the UV mesh templates are available for each tank in the mod if you would like to create your own

This is correct. I left the textures in .png format instead of .mbm and included the templates in each directory so people could customize the textures for their own use. My UV unwrapping skills aren't the finest (and this is the reason for the texture on the large tank being too low rez, Wyseman76 only had what I gave him to work with and he did a far better job than I could ever have expected), but they should be sufficient for anyone to customize their personal tanks.

That said, I understand that some people liked the look of my original textures, so I'll put that pack together today and upload it so it's easy to go back to that look for those who desire to. I really appreciate the support you all have given this project and please continue to give me feedback about what you'd like to see from it. I'm really enjoying this.

Wyseman, please don't feel offended. It's just a matter of preference. I like your textures, someone prefers old ones, and certainly there is someone wishing they would be bright red ;) Such is life. There's no way to please everyone.

Original post has been updated with a download link for a pack containing the original style textures. The archive contains only the textures, and you should just extract it into your /gamedata folder. When prompted allow it to merge folders and overwrite files. Textures for all tanks will be the same as the original version.

That would be great, Talisar. It seems that some of us prefer the clean look of your original tanks, no personal slights intended to anyone, and on re-reading the posts above I couldn't find any.

Nope, there wasn't any. Somebody is just a little aggressively defensive, it seems.

An option to retain the original appearance is much appreciated. While it's only natural to want to improve our creations, I think Tal really got it right with the first try.

An option to retain the original appearance is much appreciated. While it's only natural to want to improve our creations, I think Tal really got it right with the first try.

I concur.

k4wbhv.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.