New large docking port

creator1629

I've never been able to dock using that system, but I've been badly wanting to add them to my stable. So last night I hacked a Zeus and an Olympus with the Clamp-o-tron Sr, docked them, and firewalled the throttle on the Zeus... and there was only the tiniest bit of wobble. (Or maybe I was imagining it...) It did take a couple of tries launching Olympus to work out proper strutting though. (I.E. I added struts until it stopped blowing up.)

FWIW, I was playing around last night and locked all the outer gimbals on the Zeus... and the wobble went down to nearly imperceptible.

Yes, i would say so. Like in real life, you need those docking ports same. Also for docking its useful to get rotation of that docking port right so when you press L for translation you actually move to side not up or so.

Yes, i would say so. Like in real life, you need those docking ports same. Also for docking its useful to get rotation of that docking port right so when you press L for translation you actually move to side not up or so.

That's what chase mode camera is for!

That's what chase mode camera is for!

Chase camera is useful, i use it all the time but When you have payload on top of the lifter then you need those docking ports rightfuly orientated with your RCS and if you are using docking camera it also matters.

I just made a picture for the wiki article:

Clamp-o-tron-sr-correct-usage.png

thanks for the information, been having issues docking using the above docks, through it was me, installing them wrong, as all I am doing is pushing the station away then I try and dock.

edit: Update. I found that you have to be right on top of the other dock to "5m or less" for the other one to grap it and pull it in, and also you have to he dead centre

Edited by chrischambers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.