Opening debug console on a Mac

Guest doughbred

Guest doughbred

I read that it was Alt+F12, but it keeps opening the System preferences. How do I work the keybindings to stop this?

Make an alternative Key binding, so I can use Alt+F12 to open the console, or reassign it?

Hey,

as far as I know (and made a thread about it a few minutes ago) the keybinding except default doesnt seem to work.

To unlock the F-Keys go Settings -> Keyboard -> something like "Use F-Keys as normal F-keys".

Also check the other tab, about Hotkeys. There you might change the settings so f12 and the combination of alt + f12 doesnt affect the OSX but the Game only.

If you're on a laptop, you need to press fn+alt+f12 :)

It also works if you have the extended keyboard (the one with the number pad). The fn key is below F13. Not sure about the compact laptop style ones though.

Since I switched to MAC a while ago... The trick is in the System preferences. You have to activate "Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys" underneath the "System preferences"/"keyboard" menu.

Maybe this also works with a "fn"-Key, but haven't found that one yet.

Usually I have that menu open anyway, since my girl (the one I will marry, you bet!) keeps calling in the middle of a difficult orbital maneuver and I have to turn the volume down... which is done pressing the F10 on the MAC.

Either I am playing too much KSP or she has a seventh sense to call right in the middle of such maneuvers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.