The Editor now allows deleting or replacing the first part of your ship, but how?

The .20 patch notes say:

The Editor now allows deleting or replacing the first part of your ship.

I really want to know how to do this! What is the secret?

If a kind soul who knows how to do all the new .20 stuff could write a short article here or post a vid that would be great!

:blush:

You have to have some root part. If you delete the original root part you have to put another in its place. The root part appears to have to have a node (it can't be something like a wing) but it doesn't have to be a command module. So if you remove a rocket from its command module then delete the command module, you've got to drop a new root part in its place and then reattach the rocket.

Okay, thanks for the help. I figured out that the new root part was being placed in the 3D space inside my rocket when I clicked on the part in the partsbin. This moved my camera to the bottom of my rocket but I couldn't see the new root part. I guess it would be better if they just let you drag it in like a normal part, the way you guys described.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.