Launch clamp update!

CalculusWarrior

could the wheels not cause it to climb? the brakes would have to be capable of preventing freefall. hmmm.

Sadly it doesn't seems to work :/ the wheels just spin on it like if it was air (Even if I put a part between the wheel and the clamp)

seyEZBd.jpg

I wonder what else the devs snuck in that we haven't noticed yet?

I noticed something new. When you press Alt+click to copy struts, they now copy them on both ends. Before you only got a new strut to place, but now, when you place it, the other end attaches automatically, at the same angle. Sorry if that made no sense, I'm bad at explaining things. :)

Did nobody notice the new Whack A Kerbal debug feature?

Yeah, I've had a bit of fun with that. :wink:

I noticed something new. When you press Alt+click to copy struts, they now copy them on both ends. Before you only got a new strut to place, but now, when you place it, the other end attaches automatically, at the same angle. Sorry if that made no sense, I'm bad at explaining things.

I believe that feature was already in the game.

So.. Now You can put fuel tanks on the clamps, and add a fuel line to your first engines. Then you can do a real rocket launch style start-the-engine-up-then-go instead of starting at full power and releasing clamps at the same time.

I have decided to do that for my future launches.

screenshot13qz.png

You could attach stuff before the update to if you modified the attach rules but yeah its makes launches more fun and makes it easier to do different things

Some of us like to stick with the base game, so any changes like this one are more than welcome. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.