A.S.A.A.A.A. ionicplane

Looks good.

Question: where do you get all that electricity from? You've only got 4 large batteries and solar panels are retracted. I guess you get significantly more speed from the 'infini-glide' bug that you get from your ion engine.

the craft have 5 large batteries (one under the seat). i guess yes too, but i remind you that every craft are flying with the same laws so the "infini-glide" is always active in the KSP physic engine even if it is not much effective on heavier craft, so... why bother?

Very Nice ultralight aircraft. It reminds me of EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) Builders and some of their projects. I would love to see a BD5J flying in Kerbal airspace. One was used in a James Bond film flying through a hanger. If the wings could be made of photovoltaic skin, would that help power needs of the ion engine?? - BJ Quest.

Very Nice ultralight aircraft. It reminds me of EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) Builders and some of their projects. I would love to see a BD5J flying in Kerbal airspace. One was used in a James Bond film flying through a hanger. If the wings could be made of photovoltaic skin, would that help power needs of the ion engine?? - BJ Quest.

Click the catalogue link in my signature, I did the "BD-5B Silver Bullet" replica. As a kid I helped my grandpa make the prop version in his garage, but he sold it engineless when we did a test and our 6'6" heights couldn't fit in the thing. He managed to get an RV-8 Extended fully operational and licensed before his heart attack/stroke. The 5J version would be awesome, just not much room in those designs for us tall guys.

well not really... i prefer less part count than that. Large batteries are the solution to ion engines in atmosphere. And thanks

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.