First ever Kerbal Jet-pack!

First ever Kerbal Jet-pack

I am proud to present you... Drumroll please... My first creation for the space-craft exchange!

OK, so you're probably thinking "God what the hell is this n00b gonna show?". Well, it's right down here! (Look bellow (No **** Sherlock) XD)

jJWNt8t.jpg

Just look how happy the pilot is! (Totally not Jebediah at the controls, (No seriously it isn't :D) LoL)

Hope you guys like it! More prototypes to come!

Download here.

Instructions

1. Put the file in your saves folder and into the SPH folder.

2. Launch it from the SPH. (DO NOT PRESS ENTER JUST YET)

3. Make a ship in the VAB and land it with a kerbal intact next to the runway and then simply hop onto the Jet-pack!

Edited by IndieDev3D

This is great! I may adjust it a bit and attach them on may cargo plane to get around the plane easily.

Tommy

Thanks! It's designed for planets or celestial bodies with gravity too high for the standard RCS pack.

I think this would be most useful as a super lightweight lander for doing Apollo style missions on Gilly or Minmus or maybe just as a high speed-rover alternative. Can't wait to try it out.

I think this would be most useful as a super lightweight lander for doing Apollo style missions on Gilly or Minmus or maybe just as a high speed-rover alternative. Can't wait to try it out.

LoL, didn't think of the rover thing!

Hey,

I came up with an idea! You should make a RCS one not to lift a kerbal but one for when they are in space because don't you just get annoyed because their packs run out and you can't re-fuel them hey.

Tommy

That might work! I'll try it!

Try this in low G environments.... I was able to launch from a space station in 175 KM orbit and make it to the Mun using this. Unfortunately, I failed to get pictures. My stupid.

LoL, thanks for testing it though!

...for when they are in space because don't you just get annoyed because their packs run out and you can't re-fuel them ...

To refuel the EVA packs, simply reboard any capsule.

-Ojimak

I apologize if you already knew that.

Edited by Ojimak

To refuel the EVA packs, simply reboard any capsule.

-Ojimak

I apologize if you already knew that.

I didn't think that worked. But I may be totally wrong. Plus I am not sure if would last longer than the kerbals jetpack if it does you can do longer EVAs

I didn't think that worked. But I may be totally wrong. Plus I am not sure if would last longer than the kerbals jetpack if it does you can do longer EVAs

You can actually refuel, but I agree it would mean longer EVA time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.