Flag Decals by Kerbal Science Foundation [0.20]

kujuman

ajkEkJZ.png

Kerbal Sciene Foundation releases Flag Decals! You can use these to decorate your ship, plane, rocket, rover, etc!

UPDATE 29MAY2013

Now includes two new flag plaques, one flag (the Apollo plaque image) and one mounting base!

8xKCjokl.jpg

Old flags have been unchanged so as not to disrupt saves, but if they have not been used yet I suggest you remove them.

AF3qttu.png

Though they appear white in the VAB/SPH, through the magic of television they become real factual flags on the launchpad.

H3Ly0fVl.jpg

Download on Space Port!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ksf-flag-decals/

Edited by kujuman

Ooo, downloading this right now. Seems most excellent!

Edit:

So I tried this out for a bit. The small flags are great. However, the larger the flag the stranger it looks because the large flags do not conform to the roundedness of most parts. IE: they stick up on the edges. Otherwise this is indeed as advertised and most excellent.

Thanks for the upload :)

Edited by Scottiths

Finally, flag decals! The decals that are applied to the part persist, even when you change flags at the space center, like you would expect. I agree with Scottiths that the large flags don't work well on rounded hulls - they would look good attached to square or triangular girders on a big space station.

A couple of little adjustments would make these better, I think: Instead of separate normal and reversed flag parts, have one two-sided flag for each size. This would especially help if the flag isn't flush against something solid, since right now it's invisible from the back. If you are able to do that, we'd also need a way to determine the orientation of the flag, since the game doesn't apply the decal in the VAB (which is a pity). Can you color the left and top edges of the flag part without that color bleeding over onto the decal, maybe?

Regardless, at least now it's possible to put mission flags on the ships.

Quick update,

I've done some testing and it is indeed possible to put markings on the object that shows up in the VAB. I'm currently working on making the parts nicer looking, such as adding a bit of depth and removing the shadow as was suggested in a Space Port comment.

0pFJFKel.jpg

vK5e9dUl.jpg

Edited by kujuman
added WIP

I've done some testing and it is indeed possible to put markings on the object that shows up in the VAB. I'm currently working on making the parts nicer looking, such as adding a bit of depth and removing the shadow as was suggested in a Space Port comment.

Nice! I guess my space program will need to hold off a little bit longer, so they can get proper mission flags on their ships. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.