"Octagon Corporation" release zone

Octagon

The corporation is reopened. We expended the last months improving our technical skills, the results you will see below. At this moment, Octagon Corporation will focus on atmospherical devices. Although, in the past, we constructed rockets, we will now "begin" the "serious" job. For this, we have our first pack: The Octagon Corporation Pack. It includes, for now, 11 new parts between engines and scientific sensors. This number, of course, will increase.

Some images for your contemplation:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

And two videos, thanks to Rivvik:

NEXT UPGRADE UNTIL: 01/31/2014

v2.0(01/15/2014)add:

Resource Hot Air;

Resource Cold Air;

Resource ATM;

Octagon Twister Mk.2;

Octagon Hot Air Nozzle;

Octagon Cold Air Nozzle;

Octagon Super Charger;

Octagon Radial Cold Air Tank;

modify;

All Engines now generate Hot/Cold Air;

All Fuel tanks can store a small amount of Cold Air;

Ideas, sugestions? Please write down, we like crazy ideas.

Download Here

Edited by Octagon

Just pics, or is there a download?

Also, it's "discardable" not "discartable."

I will post the link as soon as it is avaiable on spaceport. I've uploaded the file but is not there yet.

Thank you for writing.

P.S.: Thank you for your spell tip, since Shakespeare language is not my mother language, any help is welcome.

damned man, I was thinking exactly that same thing at the same moment!! Beeing Belgian, it brings back a lot of childhood memories.

I tried to make a similar rocket with stock parts once, but I never found a good way to represent the landing legs.

Any thought on a manned rocket, and why not Mün Capable?

Cool looking mod, but is my imagination playing tricks on me, or were you partially influenced by the moon rocket in the Tintin comics?

Perfect! "Destination Moon" and "Explorers on the moon" are my favorite Tintin stories. Another thing I like is this old fashioned visual. So, you may expect more of this.

Any thought on a manned rocket, and why not Mün Capable?

Sure! In fact, I used this rocket to learn the basic know-how(thats the reason it has five different parts, and a simple shape). The next mission is a manned flight to mun.

Thank you for writing, sugestions and comments are always welcome. And, I belive, our part requests sector will be working very soon.

Edited by Octagon

Updates!!! Hi everybody, after the great sucess of the Octagon-1 we decided to make some updates. So, we would like to present you the Conformal Fast Assembly Auxiliary Rocket (CoFAAR):

novaimagem39.png novaimagem40.png

This system is a highly advanced jet engine, adapted to work at high altitudes, which is capable of lunch the rocket to more 20Km before it fires it's main engine. With them is possible to reach mun!!!

novaimagem42.png

P.S.: Since this part is under final development, its download link will be available as soon as it is finished.

Edited by Octagon

This is the link I promised you: https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=5A1054CCBFEFDA31&resid=5A1054CCBFEFDA31%21108&authkey=ADeSaruvP_hRbSw

Attention MechJeb users: MechJeb do not recognize Jet Engines on its stage system, you need drop the auxiliary rockets manually.

We will enjoy your comments about our products and your ideas, by here or by personal message.

• 3 weeks later...
P.S.: Thank you for your spell tip, since Shakespeare language is not my mother language, any help is welcome.

I laughed. Sorry.. I had to. I've never seen English being termed as "Shakespeare language". haha.

Just for that, I'm going to bookmark and download and play with something that isn't conventional to my standard daily operations in KSP. ;)

Thank you all for your evaluation, I'm glad to see you have enjoyed it. And I have a surprise for you:

Octagon-2:

novaimagem53.png

Please notice the customized RCS and the new power source.

Blue-1:

novaimagem54.png

I haven't release then yet because of Blue-1. It is designed to be launched on other planets and I'm having problems with my cargo system. But I belive you can do a Test-Drive on them. I'll upload them in 12 standard hours, after some flight tests.

Once again, thank you all!!!

Edited by Octagon

Spaceport seems to give some mod authors trouble. If it works for you, wonderful, but you might consider an alternative download in the meantime to get more feedback. Mediafire seems to be fairly popular.

If you upload the mod marked as private, then after upload, change it to public, it seems to work ok.

Blue1 looks perfect! I like how these are going! Please tell me that we can use those for probes! How big are they? Are they rocket-powered, or jet-thrusted? I want to know so that I can launch them from orbit if necessary.

Blue1 looks perfect! I like how these are going! Please tell me that we can use those for probes! How big are they? Are they rocket-powered, or jet-thrusted? I want to know so that I can launch them from orbit if necessary.

For more infomartion, please see the first page of the thread. Now avaiable to download!!!

Edited by Octagon

Fun mod. MechJeb can't land these suckers though.

Seemed like to me that the engine is to powerful for mechjeb to handle. I did try manual landing after taking over mechjeb, I just ended up braking a fin off and crashed into the Mun. Still fun though.

Oh thank you, I have been wanting "Retro Rockets" sense I first started playing KSP.

That red one is going to be my War Rocket Ajax. Ming the Merciless approve this mod!

Flash-Gordon-Icon-flash-gordon-28302952-200-200.jpg

I can't resist. I have to hit he Mun with a V2, just because I can! :cool:

Be careful, they had a tendency to fall short and hit places like London.

Edited by Tommygun

Can I use these in my AAR? I would like a quote from the Octagon Corporation on what they will be using the red rockets for. Exploration? Flights of fun? Tourism? Anything odd?

Sure you can, as is in the IMPORTANT READ ME file: THIS A FREE DISTRIBUTION, FREE USE MOD. You can use it in what ever you want.

About the uses. Well, the space is not the final frontier anymore. The red series are just getting started. Although they were created for space research they have several uses. We are now working on three new systems: Frontal Cargo Bay (for a unmanned reusable cargo rocket), Crew Carrier( It reduces the total ammount of fuel, but give the hability to carry 10 Kerbals to-and-from space), Conventional Cargo Bay(to be implemented on Purple series, space shuttle like missions). For the future you may expect interplanetary systems and Extra-Large Rocket systems, like the TOP-Secret project called Julio Verner.

Everthing is possible, as Jules Verne said: “Anything one man can imagine, other men can make realâ€Â.

For MechJeb Users: When landing on mun set the landing speed to 0.5m/s. And, when returning from mun with auto-pilot DO NOT LET THE ROCKET CORRECT ITS TRAJECTORY INSIDE THE ATMOSPHERE, you will lose the control and will become the heaviest-red-and-white-flying-bomb every built.

And remember: "Imagination rules the world"(Napoleon Bonaparte)

Edited by Octagon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.