"Octagon Corporation" release zone

Octagon

The Golden Age of SciFi!

akO5rqS.png

I may admit, I liked it alot. Feel free to distribute it.

Now some upgrades:

This is our most advanced system. Since our engineers discovered that traveling at light speed is forbidden, go faster is the only option. With this we are making experiments and research about warp engine technology. We still don't have a A.I.(plugin not ready) capable of controling this engine, so it will not be avaiable very soon. But other things will:

Octagon-3 (Purple-1)

It is a space-shuttle-like ship. Its main task is to provide support for orbital operations (Cargo, pieces, crew...), has improved atmospherical capabilities for landing fase. It will include new pieces such, but not limited, as: Cargo bay, warp drive RCS block (derivated from large warp drive technology), new crew commandpod. I expect to delivery it at Friday.

Octagon-4 Heavy Duty Cargo System (Jules Verne Class)

A extra large rocket for extra-large payloads, still a secret. Coming soon.

Edited by Octagon

Octagon-3 "Deep Purple":

1r8f.png icmg.png

qmmx.png oj27.png

1pex.png ip.png

txp.png sgde.png

P.S.: Its release is delayed because the landing gear has given some problems.

P.P.S.: I'm sorry I can only show the pictures, I decided I will get the O-3 "Deep Purple" fixed before release it.

P.P.P.S.: You can help with the Landing Gear here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40382-Landing-Gear-Problems

Edited by Octagon

Octagon-3 "Deep Purple":

1r8f.png icmg.png

qmmx.png oj27.png

1pex.png ip.png

txp.png sgde.png

P.S.: Its release is delayed because the landing gear has given some problems.

P.P.S.: I'm sorry I can only show the pictures, I decided I will get the O-3 "Deep Purple" fixed before release it.

P.P.P.S.: You can help with the Landing Gear here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/40382-Landing-Gear-Problems

Ha I love the name "Deep Purple" Make sure when it's coming back down, there's no fire in the sky!

• 5 months later...

We are back.

The corporation is reopened. We expended the last months improving our technical skills, the results you will see below. At this moment, Octagon Corporation will focus on atmospherical devices. Although, in the past, we constructed rockets, we will now "begin" the "serious" job. For this, we have our first pack: The Octagon Corporation Pack. It includes, for now, 10 new parts between engines and scientific sensors. This number, of course, will increase. For now we have a "BETA" test at your disposal:

Some images for your contemplation:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Change log for this version:

v0.1(Beta, 01/01/2014) add:

Brazilian Empire Flag;

New Octagon Corporation Logo(flag);

Octagon Pointy Circular Intake;

Octagon Centrifugal Engine;

Octagon Cyclone Engine;

Octagon Hurricane engine;

Octagon Hurricane Vetorated;

Octagon 1/2 Stadard Fuel Tank;

Octagon Standard Fuel Tank;

Octagon Large Fuel Tank;

Octagon Standard Fuel Tank;

Octagon I.F. Camera;

Octagon Spy Camera;

Science Reports;

modify;

nothing;

Ideas, sugestions? Please write down, we like crazy ideas.

Download Here

OK had a little play around with your engines, i've found that the one in the picture below only Flame-outs at 39km+, It's pretty crazy (also the intake air says 0.00 but it still works). But other than that Awesome pack :D

Hnv00yE.png

OK had a little play around with your engines, i've found that the one in the picture below only Flame-outs at 39km+, It's pretty crazy (also the intake air says 0.00 but it still works). But other than that Awesome pack :D

Well, about the "Hurricane", I have some hypotheses of what may be causing this:

1-It's less powerfull than the Turbo Fan(190kN Vs.225kN) where I based it, so it uses less resources;

2-It has it's maximum isp value at a higher altitude;

3-In this particular case(picture), you are using the "Octagon Pointy Circular Intake" that has 20% more area than the "Ram Air Intake".

I guess, all this, together, are creating this strange behavior. I'm trying to solve this by redusing its isp. at 0.1(atmospherical pressure) from 3000 to 2500. I'm a bit reluctant of increasing its power, because it appears to be unrealistic(190kN already is in my opinion). I'll keep hunting this bugs, I guess the "1.0" version can be uploaded tomorrow.

Thank you for your testing report, it will help a lot:)

Well, about the "Hurricane", I have some hypotheses of what may be causing this:

1-It's less powerfull than the Turbo Fan(190kN Vs.225kN) where I based it, so it uses less resources;

2-It has it's maximum isp value at a higher altitude;

3-In this particular case(picture), you are using the "Octagon Pointy Circular Intake" that has 20% more area than the "Ram Air Intake".

I guess, all this, together, are creating this strange behavior. I'm trying to solve this by redusing its isp. at 0.1(atmospherical pressure) from 3000 to 2500. I'm a bit reluctant of increasing its power, because it appears to be unrealistic(190kN already is in my opinion). I'll keep hunting this bugs, I guess the "1.0" version can be uploaded tomorrow.

Thank you for your testing report, it will help a lot:)

No problem ;)

I love your vtol engines, My first test with it made a successful vtol :D

Also for a suggestion, it would be cool if you cool make another in-line vtol part, like the one on the front of the f-35 vtol :D

F-35B_Lift.jpg

^ the bit at the front (with the hinges)

sorry if i am asking too much from you :/

Edited by Boamere

No problem ;)

I love your vtol engines, My first test with it made a successful vtol :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D So, I guess you will like to know that the F-35 VTOL system will be in a future update!!!

Edit: You edited your comment when I was typing my lol.

Edit 2: In fact, I'm planning to add a lot of famous VTOL systems such this:

1280px-EWR_VJ101.JPG

Yak-38_Lift_Engines_NT.PNG

f-35b-03.jpg

_DSC0326.jpg

AVS_foto-EWR.jpg

Edited by Octagon

I'm proud to say that this MOD is no longer a BETA, this is the 1.0 version;

v1.0(01/02/2014)add:

Octagon Wind Storm Ramjet;

modify;

Octagon Centrifugal Engine, thrust set to 50kN;

Octagon Hurricane, isp. reduced to prevent it from working when there is no more "air-intake" left;

Octagon 1/2 Stadard Fuel Tank, nodes coordinates correction;

Octagon Standard Fuel Tank, nodes coordinates correction;

Octagon Large Fuel Tank, nodes coordinates correction;

It includes an engine the was under development, the Wind Storm Ramjet:

GBq6EJf.png

Also the first to include emissives.

Download Here

Edited by Octagon

Cool! this mod needs more views!
I agree!!!
beautiful as "beautyfull"
lol, I've passed an orthographic corrector twice. Thank you, I'll fix it.

Edit: Fixed.

Edited by Octagon

One last thing (sorry) in the description for the centrifuge it still says "Although it says 35kn in the description.. etc." :P

I think I'll stop bothering you now :)

I've another idea, you can become my official test pilot. What do you say me? :D :D :D :D :D

I've another idea, you can become my official test pilot. What do you say me? :D :D :D :D :D

Sure, I will help if i can :D

only don't expect me to around everyday :P I may not be on ksp for a while (when i get other games, exams etc.)

Oh yeah and i've posted some images of my vtol here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24533-Show-off-your-awesome-KSP-pictures%21/page719

so people will (hopefully) look at this mod more

Sure, I will help if i can :D

only don't expect me to around everyday :P I may not be on ksp for a while (when i get other games, exams etc.)

Oh yeah and i've posted some images of my vtol here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24533-Show-off-your-awesome-KSP-pictures%21/page719

so people will (hopefully) look at this mod more

Nice idea, I'll do the same with some test crafts I have.

Great mod so far! I built a quick VTOL jet fighter, The Cyclonus (I like Transformers), to test your stuff, to great effect!

One small idea for the Cyclone engine, Tweakable for starting in VTOL Mode. :D

But otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

EDIT: Tested out the vectored thrusters too.

Edited by Rivvik

Great mod so far! I built a quick VTOL jet fighter, The Cyclonus (I like Transformers), to test your stuff, to great effect!(...)

(...)But otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thank you, I'll keep improving it. In fact, I spect to add at least 10 more pieces in one and a half week!!!

One small idea for the Cyclone engine, Tweakable for starting in VTOL Mode. :D

Well... I tried it, but it seems that there is no tweakables for animations yet...

P.S.: Can I add does videos at the first page? To show others this parts being used?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.