Well, it's easiest to do in the spaceplane hanger. and it's still pretty simple. you have to keep in mind the following.

1. Carts/rovers work best when they have a bit of a wide wheel base so they don't flip

. About half the length of the cart/rover should be it's width

2. Keep in mind power consumption and how to recharge the batteries. i would recommend using the large radial batteries if the rover is kind of big, but you can use other kinds. Also, RTGs (those radial generators) work good for rover recharge... things.

3. Struts.

To ensure your rover/cart does not dip in the middle, secure as much of it as you can with struts. Sometimes, i stack 2 or 3 of the little truss pieces upwards from the center of it to put struts to the rover wheels. it keeps it stable, and works well.

4. What will the purpose of the rover be?

Depending on the rover type, you will want to chose your wheels wisely. If it's detail exploration of a kinda smooth planet. use the little ones. if it's mun roving, use the medium ones. if it's roving a planet like dres where it's super hilly, use the large ones. But sometimes if the rover is large and you're mun roving. use the large wheels then. It all depends and the situation,

That's about all the help i can give,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.