All engines firing at end of runway.

I tried searching but I don't think I can format the search terms properly to return anything relevant.

I'm having issues with one of my planes. I enable a set of engines using a hotkey (turbofans) but at the end of the runway, when I retract the gear and pitch up, the rest of my engines fire (rear facing aerospikes and VTOL aerospikes). I've tried putting them into different stages but it always seem to happen.

Does anyone know how I can remedy this?

I just checked that, only the gears are on the gear action group.

I did notice that even though I've put each set of engines into different stages, they all group together into the 0 stage once I leave the runway.

Are you using mechjeb? This always happens to me with Mechjeb if Auto stage is checked on ascent guidance even if ascent guidance is not active.

Yeah that was it. I wonder if that's intentional or a bug, even when Ascent Guidance isn't even activated.

Yeah I assume that's a bug, if it's off then it shouldn't really be affecting anything at all.

It's not so much a problem with my rear facing aerospikes, but it fired the vertical spikes also which made me flip over backwards, lol.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.