Share your epic missions/landings/dockings that you are proud of!

As the title says share your epic missions/landings/dockings that you are proud of!

I will start with my mission.

I take off with the Buran Space Shuttle at KSC as I get into orbit, I then rendezvous with my "Space Station Alpha", and refuel the shuttle. I then go towards to Duna, on an 400km orbit. I realize i'm out of fuel. I decide take up a vessel that is already landed at Duna, to refuel the Space Shuttle. So I rendezvous and dock with the Space Shuttle. I was a bit worried the ports wouldn't fit since the Shuttle has a slightly larger one, altough it worked. So I was bored and asked myself, what am I gonna do now? I just say YOLO(Sorry XD) in the Kerbal Feed Chat, I've decided to land with the space shuttle, upwards. So I decent fast down to the ground and burn very quickly. I realized I was going a bit horizontal, and I was loosing control, I was like well, OK, I failed. But then, I manage to slam to the ground at a velocity at 14.3 m/s. It was just about to fall to the side until I turned on the RCS and managed to get it on its feet. I'm very proud of this, I know many people will be like "noob". I'm new to this game, BTW.

FkynjqX.png

oWwfAdo.png

So what are your epic missions and landings? Please share them!

http://imgur.com/a/c8UIW#0

Here is my mission to Gilly and Eve.My engine blew up when i staged in Eve's atmosphere , landed using only the chute and the landing legs snapped off.

Oh and btw , that is one single nuclear engine mounted on a 150 ton ship.The whole mission was 7 hours in real time.

Edited by SoldierHair

I visited most of the Kerbol System and i still didn't managed to dock ONCE.

I've done docking several times. It's not the actual docking that bugs me, it's getting a rendevouz with the target that seems so impossible to me. I stopped docking entirely after I tried to rearrange my space station and ended up losing all three components.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.