ODST Drop Pod!

Yup, you read it. Powered by 12 sepratrons and a radial parachute, this bad boy is made for taking damage.

ODST_VAB_zps2de6e8d5.png

No ASAS on the actual pod, so I put it on my "launch vehicle," an SRB with canards. This gets it to about 7 km on average.

ODST_APEX_zps62ddbc02.png

The ODST pods from Halo actually did have drogue chutes, meant to keep the pods vertical. So I have one: (not meant for below 5 km, just cause)

ODST_CHUTE_zpsd2d6052e.png

Note: Use Abort (Backspace) to cut the chute. Feel free to change the hotkey.

The lander can Mk 1 came in perfect for this. IVA is beautiful too.

ODST_IVA_zps7d33dba4.png

Bill arrives home safe and sound. (though a bit jarred/shaken)

ODST-LAND_zps5eb7c677.png

Instructions: There is a docking port on top for mounting to ships and rockets.

Deploy your chute at about 8 Km, again, just to stay vertical and slow down slightly.

Cut chute with Abort if you want this to be like an actual ODST.

Use space to fire the tree sets of sepratrons, I recommend firing at about 2 km (radar altitude is helpful), 730 m, and 250 m.

The structual pylons, with an impact tolerance of 999, should keep you fine. Keep your speed below 75m/s, as anymore could result in a bounce and a crash.

Download: http://www./download/q5pa4nxi77j3uoi/ODST.craft

• 6 years later...

I recently made a smaller version with a mark 1 command pod, using airbrakes/propellers that deploy using a alligator hinge. it also uses a thruster to slow it (Like the real ODST drop pods). Its much smaller, and does use landing gear to help it litho brake. I do not believe that the actual drop pods used drogue chutes, but rather Air brakes that deployed out the top panel. Yours it very awesome though. Mine can deploy from orbit, can your survive an orbital fall?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.