[WIP] Hollow Space Station Modules!

Epicshark

I am currently making some hollow space station modules. There's still a lot to do but hopefully I'll finish it one day.

I currently have:

• Hollow Corridors
  • Smaller Hollow Corridors
  • 3 Way Hollow Corridors
  • An Adaptor which will connect to airlocks or smaller corridors

I'm hoping to make:

• Horizontal Landing Legs
  • Airlocks
  • Furniture and Lab Equipment
  • Any good suggestions you guys have!

Images of Stuff I've made:

N7Wfc5U.png

4E9XHb8.png

Hollow Corridor

WxEznqF.png

Small Hollow Corridor

9uhV24q.png

Adaptor

Qq6vlaf.png

3-Way Corridor

Space Station I Made Using the Parts (and some stuff from the B9 Pack):

4Xc4pPk.png

C6CwWpi.png

c8pV1SE.png

GPmCIEc.png

pYdeGul.png

4QrPP6I.png

OaLE0U0.jpg

You can download everything I have made so far here:

http://www./download/au47id14v3btaad/Epicshark's_Hollow_Space_Station_Parts_0.2.zip

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/hollow-space-station-modules-2/

Edited by Epicshark

Ksp can never have to much hollow parts, cheers

explain.i see allot of detailed mods out there that have more triangles that the space station he presented,and ksp is doing fine with that.

there are other mods just like this one with even bigger creations rendering fine.

Have you thought of possibly adding a command pod with a door on the inside to make it easier to get in and out of the modules?

I can barely make a fuel tank. I have no idea how I would even begin to do that.

I can barely make a fuel tank. I have no idea how I would even begin to do that.

I'm assuming you're using Unity to assemble your collision meshes? If so:

-Add an empty 'Game Object' to your part structure.

-Add a 'Box Collider' asset to the game object.

-Move the game object with the box collider where you want it relative to the part. (Near a door)

-In the top right click Layers, Edit Layers, type 'Part Triggers' into Layer 21.

-In the top of the Layer Manager window under Tags there will be an 'Element 0' change this to Airlock.

See how far that gets you.

• 3 months later...

Hrm, I hadn't seen this one before but I've been making some internal-space structures, no where nears as finished as Alskari's Hollow Structures & Hulls pack, but not physically far off what I can see here in the example pictures.

I could turn some of what I have around for 1.25/2.5/3.75m hollow sections and adaptors pretty quickly, but since the last post from Epicshark is only just over two months ago (and they've also posted elsewhere more recently) I'm not sure about executing such a toe-stepping manuever on someone elses idea

Hrm, I hadn't seen this one before but I've been making some internal-space structures, no where nears as finished as Alskari's Hollow Structures & Hulls pack, but not physically far off what I can see here in the example pictures.

I could turn some of what I have around for 1.25/2.5/3.75m hollow sections and adaptors pretty quickly, but since the last post from Epicshark is only just over two months ago (and they've also posted elsewhere more recently) I'm not sure about executing such a toe-stepping manuever on someone elses idea

No Mr Bond, I disagree... (sorry I can't help but phrase all posts to you like that). These models are a proof of concept that someone has done and then abandoned, I wouldn't be massively surprised to find that he quit in early August never to return. I have made some crew tube (and then shot Kerbals out of it but the proof of concept was this not that), you have NMB, LLL has some other I am quite sure. I think you'd be doing us a favour. The Hollow Structures and Hulls, although the models are really good and well conceived (how many parts and they all fit together logically and consistently - RESPECT) they are a bit chunky for my Arthur C Clarke Atomic spears (Fatboy engine, large fuel tank and a long truss neck to separate away the crew pod from that cooker out back) but those self same craft would benefit from some slimline cylindrical walkways - if I go all Space Above and Beyond then it will be HSH all the fricking way but at the moment JonzCo is focused on sleek styles and fertile crew.

• 7 months later...