Noob saying Hi! And finally landed on the MUN!

128MB

I have been playing KSP since 0.18 and mostly just messed around with it but now been trying to actually get somewhere! And i did!

Still not know how i actually did it, just luck and messing around by burning in all directions but i finally landed on the MUN! Was one of the most intense moments of my life ...

The lander bounces back a few times and not being careful with the throttle i almost shot it back into space ...

But now i want to kill myself for accidentally clicking on End Flight instead of Space Center.:0.0:

mun2.png

Yeah they should move the end flight buttom or atleast add a "Do you want to end the flight Yes-No" window.

Well congratulations on the landing :) If you manage to get into a orbit around the mun the hard part is over :P Aim for the retrograd marker and burn burn burn, be careful the last 100 meters and make sure you dont have a to high velocity and you should be fine :P

Welcome to the forums!

And congratulations to your landing. That's no small achievement :) Still remember first time I did it.

Anyways, if you need help, don't be afraid to ask. We'll be happy to help you :)

Thanks, i kinda hoped to fly back to Kerbin since i had still half of my fuel left! I'm trying again tomorrow. And add a solar panel and battery because the lights don't last long.

Well, you posted pics, so we can't say it didn't happen. My first Mun landing was actually an Apollo style mission. Wasn't easy, but I managed it after many rapid unplanned disassemblies and failed lithobraking experiments.

Welcome to the forums, 128MB.

Well Done on landing on the Mun, you've just passed the first step in your journey to conquer the system...

It's too bad you clicked End Flight, but, at least you get some more practice.

If you need help with anything, just ask.

Have fun playing KSP!

I also just started to attempt mun landings. This is my first... um... survivor. The landing was smooth for about two seconds. Then the whole thing tipped over.

here_we_go_again.jpg

As you can see, my lander design is not as good as yours. I put my second stage under the first because... for some reason. I wanted lights. I got carried away, I think.

Your lander seems top heavy and has very small base to land on.

I made mine wide and small, its really easy to land. :)

next job is adding a buggy and land that :D

Welcome and well done!

The first Mun landing is a good moment. But dont think it gets easier now, cos it just doesnt, it gets harder, but more rewarding. Im tryin to rescue a 3 man crew that i landed on Duna at the moment, only to realise i was going to run out of fuel on my insertion burn. I was even meant to take off and return to Kerbim with that fuel aswell!!

Anyway, next step, get a rover down there, then on to Minmus and beyond.

Third time landing WITH 2 rovers! but the rovers are impossible to control, the low gravity with the stupid short wheelbase makes it like driving a segway in space ... IDIOT :D but so entertaining ...

btw i found something shiny when orbiting the MUN, next job is trying to get a rover or buggy there. if i ever design one that actually drives in low gravity.

To haul them to the mun i stuck them to the sides of the lander :D

I'm having so much fun with this game since i my first succesfull landing. I even managed to be more fuel efficient again!

screenshot13uq.png

screenshot21t.png

Edited by 128MB

Further development: first try getting a buggy on the mun!

it got there, but not like i hoped:D

screenshot40r.png

But after alot of pushing and a few crashes and parts shedding/exploding i have managed to drive a while in it yaay!

screenshot43o.png

Also starting on my station orbiting kerbin.

screenshot47s.png

EDIT

WOOHOO after 2 HOURS of fiddling around with badly places rcs packs i finally docked something in the wrong port! but ignore that it still is a successful dock! It only scraped the paint a few times :D

screenshot56j.png

Edited by 128MB