Laythe surface = quicksand?

troublednugget

Hello everyone,

This is my first thread creation, so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place. I've just completed my first manned mission to Laythe, and I noticed that my kerbonauts sink to about mid-body below the surface when on EVA. They can often come back to the surface by walking around or jumping, but two of my three crewmen have died trying to escape the quicksand, and the other is cowering in fear in the command module. Has anyone else experienced this?

Bill Kerman managed to plant my Joolian mission flag before both he and it were consumed by the quicksand ;.;

spoiler: Laythe surface

EtPnaAW.png

/spoiler

Perhaps they will.

To investigate the mysterious deaths of Bill and Melzer Kerman, a second manned mission was sent to Laythe and a base camp was established ~500 meters from the "Joolian One" ship. The investigation crew encountered no difficulties within 100m of the LZ, but a scouting expedition revealed the Deep Space Sarlaak pit to begin ~100m from "Joolian One".

spoiler (Laythe Surface)

rcKWVShl.png

To prevent further loss of life, a sign was placed at the pit perimeter, both as a warning for explorers and a memorial to the brave Kermen who lost their lives.

jqeaF0x.png

/spoiler

A rescue mission involving a jet-powered hover-rover is in the works to retrieve the trapped crewman from the clutches of the Deep Space Sarlaak.

Edited by troublednugget

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.