Ram Jets

Hi everyone, hope this is the right place to post this.

Ive recently been researching Ram Jet aircraft, and after many failed attempts, im finally onto a design that works perfectly.

Jet MK1

I originally played around with standard air inlets and many, many wings stacked on top of each other for extra lift, i could take of at the runway only doing around 50m/s

zl3wq0.jpg

Overall, the plane performed quite well, was fairly stable as long as you didnt attempt any large maneuvers. The plane could reach a maximum of 1300 m/s and a ceiling height of 31,000m before the engines flamed out.

Ram jet MK1

This was a complete re-design and featured 2 ram jet intakes with jet air intakes on the back which still created an air stream even tho they were facing the wrong way:)

2u62ue1.jpg

It was also the first plane of mine to see the stars/galaxy! This was a massive achievement as it was able get very close to 1600m/s which is a casual 3,500 mph.

2wgu7mc.jpg

Ram Jet MK2

This is the latest and best ram jet aircraft i have. Its capable of not only achieving over 2,000 m/s, but can cruise at this speed while at 40,000m... enough to put it in an orbit!

It features 14 ram air intakes with 7 jet air intakes, all powering one turbo jet engine. Its possible to cruise at 40,000m if you throttle down to 30% as this is much kinder on the available air.

eiuvkl.jpg

afkg10.jpg

67mb9i.jpg

Top speed that i reached was around 2,400m/s!

The aircraft also features a full ejection system which performs most of the time, flawlessly

Thanks for reading!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.