Show debris in map view in 0.20

I launched a full tank as the first part of my future station... But it has no command pod and is practically "debris"

But now when controling other ship, the tank doesn't show up on map screen cause it's... DEBRIS!! So I can't make it a target and randevouz with it. In 0.19 since all the debris showed up on map view, there was no problem catching debris, but now it's very difficult. The only way to do it is to approach it on luck and double click on it to target it..

Is there some switch that I am not aware of to turn debris on in map view?

Edited by nothke

Move the mouse up to the top center of the map screen (or click a small tab up there? can't remember), and a bar similar to the one in the tracking station will appear.

Click on the debris icon to show only debris

Right-click it to add it to the list of things being shown.

THANKS!!!

It's so small! Why didn't they just keep it allways on.. hmm

(changed to answered)

While seeing debris from your current launch is cool. Some people have just to much debris leading to people asking for this feature. (which means presumably, they want it on) Would be cool if current mission debris stayed on the map view for say 60 sec before being hidden.

While seeing debris from your current launch is cool. Some people have just to much debris leading to people asking for this feature. (which means presumably, they want it on) Would be cool if current mission debris stayed on the map view for say 60 sec before being hidden.

Actually I meant the icon bar, not the debris, hiding debris is great. But why hide the icon bar???

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, there are some people who try to minimize orbital debris, and some of them send special missions to collect any debris left due to failure of whatever de-orbiting procedure they had in place. Solutions range from using laser mods to shoot down the debris to various grabber mechanisms, including some built entirely with stock parts.

Personally, I never bothered with these. The growing debris rings around planets and moons serves as reminder of my successes and failures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.