Landing Sites - Excel

Pontiac

NOTE: This isn't a KSP PLUGIN. I had no choice but to select either Plugin or Part when creating this thread.

Problem:

- Converting from Decimal coordinate system to Long/Lat format was a chore. Some Mods use decimal, others use Long/Lat. I can't math good. ;)

- Landing all my landers on a flag pole site kind of creates a pile up situation.

- Can't remember if and where something was already landed in a particular spot without actually zooming into the site, then figuring out coordinates based on that.

Needed:

- Something to keep tabs of where my stationary landers are, and visually tell me where an available parking spot is.

Requirements:

- Something that will allow me to take notes on what is in a particular location.

- Ability to keep tabs on multiple sites.

Answer:

- A Spreadsheet! (Ok, I would have accepted Database as well, but, this was easier)

Landing%20Site.png

This small spreadsheet is a one-pager that lays out a grid a coordinate system that allows you to enter notes about a particular landing point. Accuracy is shown in minutes and indicates N/S and E/W.

There SHOULD be a password on the spreadsheet. I do this NOT to protect my work involved, but just to lessen the chance of someone accidentally changing something then screaming bloody murder something isn't working now because they changed it. The CASE SENSITIVE password is, without square brackets and spaces: [ KsP ]

XLS Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1598459/Games/KSP/Landing%20Sites.xls

The cruddy part -- The license:

Please do not advertise modified versions of this file unless I specify so in this thread. Provide the link to THIS forum page for changes and updates. Modifying for personal and private use is acceptable. I'll keep a change log in this OP, but the download link should never change.

FAQ:

Q: I noted the extension. Why that proprietary product?

A: Plain and simple answer is that product does formatting better. I tried with Google Docs and then wanted to punch a hole in my screen. And no.. I don't have anger management issues, which is why this is surprising.

Q: Are macros enabled?

A: ABSOLUTELY NOT. There are EXACTLY ZERO macros, triggers, and/or executable functions in this file.

Q: What is this compatible with?

A: I've specifically saved this file to be compatible with Excel 97 and higher. There isn't anything fancy going on in here that'd warrant anything more. It apparently is also capable of working under OpenOffice (Just downloaded and tested in 3.4.1). The looks are off, but it functions.

Q: I don't have this proprietary product!

A: I can't help you there, so download and install OpenOffice.

Q: My antivirus is screaming about this!

A: Either trust your instinct, or ignore it. A lot of AV software complains when you try to download something that isn't archived, or throw a warning at you and make it sound like Armageddon. I can provide an XML file (Plain text) that will import into some spreadsheet applications, but I can't assure you that it will work 100%.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.