Lagrange Points

Unicorntr00per

Only recently I stumbled upon the concept of "Lagrange Points", these points in space where the gravitational fields of two bodies make it possible to create "magic" orbits with orbital radii which don't match their orbital period. I was wondering whether it was possible to utilise any Lagrange points in Kerbal Space Program, seeing as gravitational fields are handled as spheres of influence. There is this one Lagrange point in particular, which has the same orbital radius as kerbin but is always on the other side of the sun which I wanted to know whether it existed or not. Seeing as it would a great place for a sinister space station :)

(I was looking more into the Lagrange points on the internets and I found this video helpful, if anyone doesn't understand the concept)

A thread discussing Lagrange points has already been made just below yours: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34704-Lagrange-Points-in-KSP

As for Lagrange points in KSP: that's not going to happen for a variety of reasons (which can be found if you search the forums for lagrange points and n-body physics)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.