Jool Exploration underway!

Tokay Gris

I would really like to post pictures, but this will have to wait 'till the Kraken stops playing with my connection.

Currently the Jool operation is running: Total tonnage: 1500 tons, three ships, 10 Kerbals.

So far: My ships despeartely need more engines! One of the "lighter" vessels (still 300 tons) has a burn time of 30 minutes for the direct approach.

Welll. It will get them there... I hope. Delta-V is looking good so far (although MechJeb has trouble calculating it. 10.000 delta.V? Not a chance... the satellites maybe, but not the cruiser.)

Cruisers are all the same. Basically a lot of tanks strapped to 6 nuclear engines. Payload differs.

A tanking module that should get 22 X-200-32 tanks around Jool orbit, an exploration carrier with six satellites, two habitats and two tugs and the trustworty Falcon MK II B on the third vessel (should be able to land on two of the moons, possibly a third. No chance on Laythe and Tylo, though).

One is going the direct route (No LKO.... with those burn times, I'd have to fly THROUGH Kerbin), the others already performed their slingshots around Mun and are waiting for the transfer window.

So far, so good...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.