[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

Ok so yeh this would appear to be a problem.

I think what's going on is that the part list is empty, so KSP doesn't initialize the field type prefabs.

I really need to register my override controls there, otherwise parts get loaded up and the registration fails.

Is this only when all the parts are (initially) hidden?

Can you leave it a few update frames to hide the parts so that the controls are there to override?

The "ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range." error comes when the game is loaded an I try to enter the VAB.

When I remove some mods I can enter the VAB, autotag runs, but I don't get the new mods in the category list.

When I remove some more all goes back to normal.

Exactly what do you mean by that? Squad has explicitly partnered with Curse for mod hosting, it doesn't get more official than that. Are you saying that you don't believe that Curse should be recognized as the new official mod hosting platform?

It's quite likely that somewhere in the Terms & Conditions of the Curse site is a line stating that all content posted to the site becomes property of Curse.

What that means is - Curse could modify, develop, or even monetize based off of mods posted there, and the author would have no recourse because they agreed with those terms.

So yes, it would be a good idea to double-check all that stuff that most people usually scroll past or otherwise ignore. It would suck to see someone lose the rights to their own work.

It's quite likely that somewhere in the Terms & Conditions of the Curse site is a line stating that all content posted to the site becomes property of Curse.

What that means is - Curse could modify, develop, or even monetize based off of mods posted there, and the author would have no recourse because they agreed with those terms.

So yes, it would be a good idea to double-check all that stuff that most people usually scroll past or otherwise ignore. It would suck to see someone lose the rights to their own work.

I've hosted on Curse for many years. There is no such thing in their T&C. Can we stop this blind uneducated Curse bashing.

I decided to check this out. It appears that they do claim the ability to use things hosted on CurseForge ... but the rights for them to do so go away if you take it down, so you're not giving up any rights permanently. This also makes me suspect that they wouldn't bother trying to do that sort of thing, given that their rights to do so could be terminated at any time with no warning. Relevant paragraph, with extra-relevant bit bolded:

• By submitting, posting or displaying User Submissions on, to, or through Curse Websites (or its successors and affiliates), you grant Curse, Inc. a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferrable, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, make derivative works of (except with regard to Submitted Projects), transmit or otherwise utilize such User Submissions on Curse Websites (or its successors and affiliates). In addition to the foregoing, you grant Curse the right to syndicate User Submissions and use User Submissions in connection with any service offered by Curse, Inc. With regard to User Submissions known as “add-onsâ€Â, "maps", "mods", or other types of Projects submitted through CurseForge.com or sites powered by CurseForge (“Submitted Projectsâ€Â), the aforementioned rights granted by you terminate once you remove or delete such Submitted Projects from Curse Websites. You also acknowledge that Curse, Inc. may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of Submitted Projects that have been removed or deleted. You acknowledge that the rights granted to Curse to User Submissions other than Submitted Projects are perpetual. In addition you acknowledge and grant users of the Curse Websites a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Curse Websites (or its successors and affiliates) and to use such User Submissions as applicable by their respective licenses.

Note that the Kerbal mod site is CurseForge, so all mods submitted to it falls under the bolded clause.

Ok so yeh this would appear to be a problem.

I think what's going on is that the part list is empty, so KSP doesn't initialize the field type prefabs.

I really need to register my override controls there, otherwise parts get loaded up and the registration fails.

Is this only when all the parts are (initially) hidden?

Can you leave it a few update frames to hide the parts so that the controls are there to override?

While this is obviously bad design decision relying on field type prefabs being non null (I had similiar problems with the EditorPartList, R&D classes etc - just wait for them to become initialized), I included a change that delays loading by a set amount of seconds (by default 1) if that still causes problems, no further clue on my part.

Will update the front page with new downloads and the like in a few.

I was trying to get everything registered in the Start phase for the KSPAddon for fear that if it didn't get done there, I'd loose the chance to get things registered for any ships loaded.

I guess that's not an issue however, since the menus are created on the first right-click, and OnGui is called at the end of the update cycle anyhow, so can defer it until the prefabs are present.

I will update the code in KAE. Unfortunately your patch will need to remain for a period of time until users of KAE update their versions, which is something outside of my control.

Edited by swamp_ig

I'm running the 64bit Linux Steam version, and 3.0 RC4 causes a crash. Here's the logs:

Kerbal Space Program - 0.23.5.0 (LinuxPlayer)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor (4)

RAM: 7982

GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 (1024MB)

SM: 30 (OpenGL 4.4 [4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.38])

Log started: Sat, Jun 21, 2014 17:32:41

[LOG 17:32:44.434] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua

[LOG 17:32:44.435] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll

[ERR 17:32:44.473] Failed to load assembly /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll:

System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!

Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 17:32:44.473] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua

[LOG 17:32:44.473] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua.dll

[LOG 17:32:44.485] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog

[LOG 17:32:44.485] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog.dll

[LOG 17:32:44.491] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[LOG 17:32:44.506] Load(Audio): Squad/Parts/Utility/LandingLeg/sounds/sound_servomotor

[LOG 17:32:44.657] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/editorLoop01

[LOG 17:32:44.997] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_ambience_nature

[LOG 17:32:45.564] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick

[LOG 17:32:45.597] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_latch

[LOG 17:32:45.630] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_sharp

I'd love to see this fixed. Partcatalog is one of my favorite mods. Also, where can I get an older stable version? I seem to have deleted my old DL zip that I was using before ...

Josh

I'm running the 64bit Linux Steam version, and 3.0 RC4 causes a crash. Here's the logs:

Kerbal Space Program - 0.23.5.0 (LinuxPlayer)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor (4)

RAM: 7982

GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 (1024MB)

SM: 30 (OpenGL 4.4 [4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.38])

Log started: Sat, Jun 21, 2014 17:32:41

[LOG 17:32:44.434] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua

[LOG 17:32:44.435] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll

[ERR 17:32:44.473] Failed to load assembly /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll:

System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!

Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 17:32:44.473] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua

[LOG 17:32:44.473] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua.dll

[LOG 17:32:44.485] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog

[LOG 17:32:44.485] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/jbabcock/KSP/Kerbal Space Program 0.23.5 B/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog.dll

[LOG 17:32:44.491] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[LOG 17:32:44.506] Load(Audio): Squad/Parts/Utility/LandingLeg/sounds/sound_servomotor

[LOG 17:32:44.657] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/editorLoop01

[LOG 17:32:44.997] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_ambience_nature

[LOG 17:32:45.564] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick

[LOG 17:32:45.597] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_latch

[LOG 17:32:45.630] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_sharp

I'd love to see this fixed. Partcatalog is one of my favorite mods. Also, where can I get an older stable version? I seem to have deleted my old DL zip that I was using before ...

Josh

Do you have ANYTHING else installed besides KSP64 and PartCatalog RC4?

Windows version of KSP64 works just fine with PartCatalog RC4, with a slew of other things as well.

Nope, just Squad and NASAmission. I installed it on a fresh D/L from Steam just to be sure.

I start the game, go through the little phone home dialog, start a new game (default, career), go to the VAB, and it crashes after a second or two without ever showing the PartCatalog interface. Here's the complete log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byg6q2iWac-idEg5Sm9xREZUVzA/edit?usp=sharing. It kind of smells like a Unity bug, maybe they are handling dlls in a slightly different way on linux ... I can try the 32 bit version as well if you think it would be informative.

Nope, just Squad and NASAmission. I installed it on a fresh D/L from Steam just to be sure.

I start the game, go through the little phone home dialog, start a new game (default, career), go to the VAB, and it crashes after a second or two without ever showing the PartCatalog interface. Here's the complete log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byg6q2iWac-idEg5Sm9xREZUVzA/edit?usp=sharing. It kind of smells like a Unity bug, maybe they are handling dlls in a slightly different way on linux ... I can try the 32 bit version as well if you think it would be informative.

Yeah try the 32-bit version and see what happens.

Hit a nasty little bug yesterday with PartCacalog 3.0RC4. I was adding a subassembly, and I tried to number it. PartCatalog saw the number and decided to act on it, which caused the dialog box to name the subassembly to go away, leaving the UI non-functional. Clicking on anything had no effect, including clicking the exit button. I had to kill KSP and restart.

Obviously, I am now not numbering my subassemblies. :)

BTW, other than that, it works fine on 64-bit Linux for me.

I've been testing on Linux64 for the last hour or so and I seem to be able to reproduce the bug. (Some random intermediary result was kinda helpful).

There seems to be some Unity bug in way textures are loaded, as soon as the texture quality is on full setting it either results in instant crashes or fails to load the icons properly.

Quick way of checking whether you're having the same bug would be dropping your texture resolution to half and trying again then.

I'll have a look whether I can circumvent this bug by loading my icons in a different way, will keep you updated.

After trying to do a clean install of my KSP, I noticed that 3 mods would install but their parts never appear.

Long headache after, Part Catalog hides/doesn`t loads the parts for the following mods:

Fustek 0_04-4 dev

RemoteTech-v1.4.0

FireSpitter 6.3.1

RemoteTech wasn`t even loaded (no red dot to indicate)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35043-0-23-5-FusTek-Station-Parts-%28X0-04-4-DEV-BUILD-5-June-2014%29/page76

Hope that this will help to debug as I really like this tool, thanks! =)

Edited by Kamuchi

After trying to do a clean install of my KSP, I noticed that 3 mods would install but their parts never appear.

Long headache after, Part Catalog hides/doesn`t loads the parts for the following mods:

Fustek 0_04-4 dev

RemoteTech-v1.4.0

FireSpitter 6.3.1

RemoteTech wasn`t even loaded (no red dot to indicate)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35043-0-23-5-FusTek-Station-Parts-%28X0-04-4-DEV-BUILD-5-June-2014%29/page76

Hope that this will help to debug as I really like this tool, thanks! =)

Well I clearly can't reproduce this, they all load up nicely.

Which version of the catalog are you using, also which platform are you using?

I'd love to see a the KSP output log of your clean test install up to the point of the catalog being loaded in the editor.

Is anybody here running PartCalatlog with more that 1800 Parts (CFG's) and without problems?

Yep, I have around 2500 parts, and there are only 2 error parts - they couldn't be assigned, so remain untagged.

I have a rather peculiar issue with this mod. I've been using it for quite some time without any trouble, and it's so useful that I don't know how I could do without it. However, this morning I had some trouble with the Autotag function : it didn't add some new parts I had unlocked in a new Career save. So I fiddled with the menu and I screwed up : all folders had gone away, meaning I couldn't add any part to my ship. I tried reinstalling the mod from scratch, but to no avail : it still displays an empty toolbar. I'm wondering how this is even possible, since a new install should keep my previous settings : is there anything stored in the persistent save file ? What should I do to get this mod up and running again ?

First off, I just want to say that I love this mod, it makes my build screen so much cleaner, and it looks just like a part of the stock game!

That said, I'm not really liking the new part logos, as the bright red kind of messes with the stock-like look that I love so much about the original. Is there anyway to turn that off with the new version?

Also, and this has probably been asked before, but how do I add my own images to this mod? I lot of the mods I like don't have pictures attached in the previous version, and dropping more images into the folder with the rest doesn't seem to do anything :/

Hi Arron Rift!

What colors would you suggest for the icons? Stock alike colors would be black for off- and white for on-state. I think tht is pretty boring.

In order to add new mod button icons you need to add them to the Icons/Mod folder inside partcatalog. You need to create two icons. One for the on- and one for the off-state. The name of the icons have to be: mod_On.png and mod_off.png where mod needs to be replaced by the real mod name.

Toerti

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.