The L.O.G. Multiplayer Project

MarkusA380

Do you like the idea of it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of it?

What he means is that why we havent done rotation yet is that its quaternion value, what is little bit more complicated.

Rotation was the first thing I had working on my project, super easy. You guys will have it figured out and working in no time.

Rotation was the first thing I had working on my project, super easy. You guys will have it figured out and working in no time.

You should help em out then :D I would myself if I could but I'm only two courses into programming (C# and Java) and don't have any experience doing networked code yet.

You should help em out then :D I would myself if I could but I'm only two courses into programming (C# and Java) and don't have any experience doing networked code yet.

Markus has asked me to join this project but I'm just too busy. I can't even find the time to work on my own MP project :P

Markus has asked me to join this project but I'm just too busy. I can't even find the time to work on my own MP project :P

If you can, find some time, you seem to have legendary skills. At least share the codebase in an effort to speed up release. There seems to be a lot of people waiting for this feature.

--

The first thing we should do when this all comes together is build monuments and shrines to all contributors. :)

This means: We are heading to the first RELEASE !!!

Ahh, first release, the moment in which the world decides; is it too good to be true, honestly, I understand how tedious coding is, and I think you have the skill to pull this off, you have already shown that you have the guts to start, now lets see if you have the skill to finish, for all our sakes, I hope you succeed.

Ahh, first release, the moment in which the world decides; is it too good to be true, honestly, I understand how tedious coding is, and I think you have the skill to pull this off, you have already shown that you have the guts to start, now lets see if you have the skill to finish, for all our sakes, I hope you succeed.

I hope it too... :)

You realise, Markus, That your efforts could become STOCK...

No. I don't think so.

But if they want to have my system, they'll not get it just for free, you know? We will have put so much work in this project that we want to remain "admins" of it.

No. I don't think so.

But if they want to have my system, they'll not get it just for free, you know? We will have put so much work in this project that we want to remain "admins" of it.

I completely agree with that, But I was somewhat hinting at you possibly getting hired for the efforts.

How about the ability to disable timewarp completely? So if you and a friend wanted to fly around the KSC shooting missiles at eachother, you couldn't have the option so that someone could not mess with what you're doing?

I think there will be an option for this.

But, I don't understand your example. :D

Congratz on finding out how to transmit a differently named Vector4 via network. :)

But seriously, guys... lets keep it calm. This project is still very far from offering a decent KSP-like multi-player, not even talking about stuff like timewarp. You do realize that accomplishing the initial design goals of this project will require lots of work. For example the client needs parts of the map-screen re-developed (since current orbits for vessels with a future flight-"plan" wouldn't make any sense) or the server has perform lots of verification on stuff like vessel spawning, to name just a few obvious ones.

Congratz on finding out how to transmit a differently named Vector4 via network. :)

But seriously, guys... lets keep it calm. This project is still very far from offering a decent KSP-like multi-player, not even talking about stuff like timewarp. You do realize that accomplishing the initial design goals of this project will require lots of work. For example the client needs parts of the map-screen re-developed (since current orbits for vessels with a future flight-"plan" wouldn't make any sense) or the server has perform lots of verification on stuff like vessel spawning, to name just a few obvious ones.

Why Vector4? We only used Vector3...

According to the Docs, Quaternation is a struct that consists of 4 floats (w, x, y, z).. so yes, it is pretty much the same as a Vector4^^

And since rotation was the only new feature i have spotted in the second vid, yet...

Btw, have you though about synchronizing stuff like ModuleEngines, yet? I don't see a good way without using FlightCtrlStates and am not sure whether or not this is a good approach.

According to the Docs, Quaternation is a struct that consists of 4 floats (w, x, y, z).. so yes, it is pretty much the same as a Vector4^^

Like I said, super easy :P At worst, you just deconstruct the Quaternion into 4 separate floats and reconstruct it on the other side.

I think there will be an option for this.

But, I don't understand your example. :D

Your timewarp system works for interplanetary travel, but if some obnoxious user decides to timewarp out, they have effectively avoided anything headed there way. Say you shoot a missile at someone, once they see ti coming, they can timewarp, and the missile never hits them.

It could be a setting in the config file of the server, assuming that servers are file-based like a Minecraft server and not created in-game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.