<-(NotAQuestion)How To- Extend ladder without power or being focused on vessel.

Okay i've seen this sooo.. much in youtube videos. Example: Trying to load your kerbal(so ladder need to be in range about 1 long and 1 short mobility ladders away)you get to the plane and accidentally hit T.W.(Time Warp), and whilst in T.W. your vessel runs out of power, or the ladder is in a weird spot and can't get the right angle to right click it. Then get frustrated because you think you gotta go back to vab and replace it or restart the flight. I've done this myself. But.....

That one kerbal yours trying to load may be able to extend that ladder without restarting or any replacement. usually works 87%(just guessing but its a high rate of success) of the time for me.

~Gizmo~

Okay i've seen this sooo.. much in youtube videos. Example: Trying to load your kerbal(so ladder need to be in range about 1 long and 1 short mobility ladders away)you get to the plane and accidentally hit T.W.(Time Warp), and whilst in T.W. your vessel runs out of power, or the ladder is in a weird spot and can't get the right angle to right click it. Then get frustrated because you think you gotta go back to vab and replace it or restart the flight. I've done this myself. But.....

That one kerbal yours trying to load may be able to extend that ladder without restarting or any replacement. usually works 87%(just guessing but its a high rate of success) of the time for me.

~Gizmo~

If I understand you correctly, you're asking about kerbals on EVA operating ladders. This is possible if your kerbal is close enough to the ladder, and is done by right-clicking on the ladder itself while contorlling the EVA'd kerbal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.