[Tweak]BlendedPasta - Stock, TV and FAR. Will it blend? Reqs Modulemanager

localSol

These is meant to be a blend (tweak) of some stock settings like fuel capacity and weight, while using TV's engines, all the new TV parts and FAR for aerodynamics.

Will it Blend? That is the question.

Requires :

Modulemanager mod/plugin by ialdabaoth : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31342-0-20-ModuleManager-for-all-your-stock-modding-needs-current-version-1-01?highlight=modulemanager

Made for use with FAR 0.951 (install separately) : http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ferram-aerospace-research/

Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace 1.41 : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/15348-0-20-x-Taverio-s-Pizza-and-Aerospace-v1-4-1

Tanihwa's modulemanager compatibility mod for Tv's 1.41 : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/15348-0-20-x-Taverio-s-Pizza-and-Aerospace-v1-4-1?p=419713&viewfull=1#post419713

What's changed more specifically (or look at the modulemanager script, you may be surprised what you can read even if you have never scripted before) :

(Unless noted, all other TV settings and parts are not changed)

Uses jet and turbojet engine settings from TV mod instead of FAR or stock.

Spaceplaneadapter parts hold fuel again, mass similar to stock, fuel capacity stock.

mk1, 2 and 3 fuselages have nearly stock fuel capacity, and mass near stock, slightly leaning toward TV masses.

mk2 fuselage /w rocketfuel changed to have a little more fuel than an FL-T400 rocket fuel tank. mass and crashtolerance slightly changed in similar theme.

mk3 fuselage /w rocketfuel has more fuel than an FL-T400 but less than a T800.

The custom TV spaceplaneadapter parts have higher temperature resistance to go with their changed mass which is close to stock but slightly heavier to pay for the extra protection.

Generally crashTolerances blended between stock and TV's.

Some intakes had unitscalar changes removed and intake amounts changed to similar to stock, sometimes halved for size, because the confusion about the intake formula made me think

there may have been some unusual behavior with altering that setting. I may change them again if I learn more about how the formula works.

||||||||||||||||||||||

Modulemanager script - If you are new to modulemanager or scripting you can change whatever you want in this to customize how this tweak works..

- This is the only file used in this tweak but you will learn more by looking at modulemanager instructions and at all stock and mod parts cfgs :

//BlendedPasta modulemanager script for tanihwa's modulemanager version of Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace 1.41
//Made for use with Ferram Aerospace Research 0.951 (FAR)
//section 1 - Tweaks to stock parts that TV also changes independently of this CFG, and some of Tv's cloned parts:
@PART[nacelleBody]:Final
{
!unitScalar = DELETE
@area = 0.002
@RESOURCE[IntakeAir]
{
@amount = 0.15
@maxAmount = 0.15
}
}

@PART[mk2SpacePlaneAdapter]:Final
{
@category = Propulsion
@mass = 0.148
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 80
@maxAmount = 80
}
}

@PART[MK1Fuselage]:Final
{
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 150
@maxAmount = 150
}
}

@PART[mk3Fuselage]:Final
{
@mass = 0.4
@crashTolerance = 35
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 250
@maxAmount = 250
}
}
@PART[mk3FuselageStructural]:Final
{
@mass = 0.32
@crashTolerance = 47
}
@PART[mk3FuselageRocket]:Final
{
@mass = 0.5
@crashTolerance = 33
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 230
@maxAmount = 230
}

@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
{
@amount = 281.111
@maxAmount = 281.111
}
}

@PART[mk3spacePlaneAdapter]:Final
{
@category = Propulsion
@mass = 0.3
@crashTolerance = 33
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 160
@maxAmount = 160
}
}

@PART[mk2Fuselage]:Final
{
@mass = 0.33
@crashTolerance = 35
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 190
@maxAmount = 190
}
}

@PART[mk2FuselageStructural]:Final
{
@mass = 0.26
@crashTolerance = 40
}

@PART[mk2FuselageRocket]:Final
{
@mass = 0.40
@crashTolerance = 31
@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
{
@amount = 200
@maxAmount = 200
}
@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
{
@amount = 244.444
@maxAmount = 244.444
}
}

//overriding FAR's engine changes to stock engine thrust and velocityCurve to use TV's engine settings
@PART[turboFanEngine]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 225
@velocityCurve
{
// Based on Fnet data from NASA EngineSim, curve fitted with MuMech CurveEd
@key,0 = 0 0.56 0 -0.0005
@key,1 = 200 0.52 0 0
@key,2 = 600 0.7 0.0013 0.0013
@key,3 = 900 1 0 0
@key,4 = 1100 0.5 -0.005 -0.005
@key,5 = 1250 0 0 0
//Same data from TV 1.41's engine above
}
}

}

@PART[JetEngine]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 156
@velocityCurve
{
// Based on Fnet data from NASA EngineSim, curve fitted with MuMech CurveEd
@key,0 = 0 1 0 -0.002
@key,1 = 500 0.67 0 0
@key,2 = 550 0.44 -0.01 -0.01
@key,3 = 605 0 0 0
//Same data from TV 1.41's engine above too
}
}
}
//tweaks to TV's parts (some may change after 1.41)
@PART[mk2SpacePlaneAdapterAlt]:Final
{
@mass = 0.2
@maxTemp = 3400
}

@PART[mk2SpacePlaneAdapterBicoupler]:Final
{
@mass = 0.3
}

@PART[mk3SpacePlaneAdapterAlt]:Final
{
@mass = 0.3
@maxTemp = 3400
}

@PART[TV_Cone_Intake_Small]:Final
{
!unitScalar = DELETE
@RESOURCE[IntakeAir]
{
@amount = 0.1375
@maxAmount = 0.1375
}
}
//Released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

------------------

Download : http://www./download/yd3v4ur3tkbaucu/BlendedPastav01.zip

##################

Install :

Requires Modulemanager, and made for use with FAR 0.951 (but technically doesn't require FAR)

Install instructions if you don't already have tanihwa's version installed :

Extract TV 1.41 to a folder other than your game folder.

Install Tanihwa's mod onto it using his instructions.

Install that modified TV into KSP.

Install this mod's archive to your KSP folder, where it is supposed to make a BlendedPasta folder inside the Gamedata folder with a cfg in it.

Done.

Install instructions if you already have tanihwa's version (and modulemanager) installed :

Install this mod's archive to your KSP folder, where it is supposed to make a BlendedPasta folder inside the Gamedata folder with a cfg in it.

Done.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Compatible with :

B9, firespitter, just about everything else since it doesn't do anything to those.

Not compatible with:

Modular Fuel Tanks, If using FAR (and maybe without it?) , possibly because of changes with certain plugins..Also modular fuel tank cfg settings.

Compatibility may change in the future.

Non-modulemanager version of TV.

---------------------

Other stuff :

All fuel capacities are done by guessing, this is the first try, let me know what you think.

Modular fueltanks would make mk2 and 3 structural fuselage and rocket fuel versions obsolete unless structural versions were stronger and lighter.

And the same with similar parts but it's not working just now with this. Great mod though that is, I'll stay aware of it.

Stuff I didn't change because I just thought of it : Thinking of lowering turbojet thrust to average of TV's and FAR, around 180, and possibly

reducing its mass by 10-20%, and then increasing the mass of the B9 similar turbojet cruiser by 10-20% to try to balance them together, sort of.

Or maybe leaving the b9 one as it is after changing the regular turbojet.

I tested some of the FAR included craft including 'Lexington', it flew fine. I don't know its performance regularly, with this it has over 3000 liquidfuel, and ceiling of about 8000m, max speed slightly below mach 1.

Thoughts, suggestions, bugs?

I don't know if 'Final' is necessarily needed on every tag, but with no Finals at all, this did nothing, probably due to conflict with FAR and TV_PP.cfg's (MM) changes. If anyone knows more about any more script efficiencies, please let me know.

Released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Metric kerbaltonsa' thanks to tanihwa, taverius, ferram, ialdabaoth and that blendtec guy.

Edited by localSol
added more stuffy stuff

Thanks! I was looking at both mods and was thinking I wish they could work together. You made that happen and I appreciate it.

You're welcome, really the compatibility stuff was already done by tanihwa 12 days ago (and because of ialdabaoth's modulemanager and ferram's new MM version of FAR [which is the current one]).. not by me, but not available due to conflict with a few tiny engine settings. Only these small balance changes are made by me. If anybody has their own tweaks you're welcome to discuss here.

Edited by localSol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.