Component Space Shuttle (CSS) v0.2.1

rocket2guns

No. It isn\'t broken. Broken implies that it doesn\'t load ever, which it does on mine.

Edit:

In fact, let me enlighten you.

derp1ks.th.jpg

Here it is loading the so-called 'broken' part.

derp1ks.th.jpg

What\'s this? I\'m in the main menu one minute later?

derp3u.th.jpg

Oh my, what\'s this now? Why, it looks like the external fuel tank which everyone claims to be 'broken.'

It works. It simply takes time to load. End of discussion.

No. It isn\'t broken. Broken implies that it doesn\'t load ever, which it does on mine.

Edit:

In fact, let me enlighten you.

derp1ks.th.jpg

Here it is loading the so-called 'broken' part.

derp1ks.th.jpg

What\'s this? I\'m in the main menu one minute later?

derp3u.th.jpg

Oh my, what\'s this now? Why, it looks like the external fuel tank which everyone claims to be 'broken.'

It works. It simply takes time to load. End of discussion.

Quick note of reference, not everyone\'s experience is similar to yours.

In fact, just days before the part was working perfectly until I uninstalled and reinstalled KSP. Now it takes forever to load past it. I still haven\'t managed the program to get past this point. Why the issue? No clue. When I uninstall the pack, it works. When I reinstall it, it has a hassle.

I\'m going to clock it this time and see how long it takes to load. I gotta pretty high end computer so it shouldn\'t be doing this.

If you removed everything then you shouldn\'t have the cache files for these parts as well, which would result in the increased load time. Once it does load and you have the cache, it should be relatively quick.

Edit:

As an experiment, this is the cache folder for the tank generated by the game, they go in that part\'s folder.

If you removed everything then you shouldn\'t have the cache files for these parts as well, which would result in the increased load time. Once it does load and you have the cache, it should be relatively quick.

That\'s the odd part, I did do that. For some reason it\'s...taking forever to load now.

It should be CSS Space Shuttle Part 0 ET.

Alright, loading game up now. Funny, the Mesh folder wasn\'t even in there....

Huh....

Anyway, it took exactly 20 minutes for my KSP to load before this. Amazing.

Yeah, this is an older mod from KSP versions that did not generate cache data; it reloaded the files from scratch each time the game started until that update.

So older mods from that period won\'t have a mesh folder until you run it through the game for the first time.

Yeah, this is an older mod from KSP versions that did not generate cache data; it reloaded the files from scratch each time the game started until that update.

So older mods from that period won\'t have a mesh folder until you run it through the game for the first time.

Did not work. Stalled at same point.

I think the temporary fix is to take out the file you mentioned. Maybe it would help then? Doing that to experiment now...

CONFIRMED. It works better, loads faster. I think the folder is corrupted or something. Just delete that file folder CSS Space Shuttle Part 0 ET.

Recommendation, of course.

It is just a decoupler at this stage anyway, so all-in-all it\'s not a serious loss. But it\'s odd nonetheless that the mesh folder didn\'t help any, or the fact that I can start from scratch and get it to load to the game to begin with.

It is just a decoupler at this stage anyway, so all-in-all it\'s not a serious loss. But it\'s odd nonetheless that the mesh folder didn\'t help any, or the fact that I can start from scratch and get it to load to the game to begin with.

Yes I know. I mean, I deleted all files, started fresh, reinstalled everything correctly and it just...BORKED. Unknown reason, didn\'t give any, no details, no files, no nothing. Just STALLED at that one point.

Take the folder out, works perfect! I don\'t know why, either. Very odd.

The ET works fine here (0.13). Only thing is that the ET exploded during lift off, or boinks my Space Shuttle against the launch tower. So I created my own ET with 2 solid boosters. Anyway the thing is very hard to fly and soon as the boosters are expelled, the shuttle becomes very hard to steer.

cvfv5.jpg

2EBKD.jpg

Guest Flixxbeatz

The ET works fine here (0.13). Only thing is that the ET exploded during lift off, or boinks my Space Shuttle against the launch tower. So I created my own ET with 2 solid boosters. Anyway the thing is very hard to fly and soon as the boosters are expelled, the shuttle becomes very hard to steer.

cvfv5.jpg

2EBKD.jpg

Why need much more shenanigans

? :D

• 1 month later...

That\'s some nice necro-ing you got there...

In all fairness though it would be nice to have a update to this pack. I\'ve played around with the part settings and have it gliding quite nice now. But you have to have the largest RCS trusters you got on the rear of the shuttle. All my work\'s in vain though as this could pretty much be rebuilt perfect to scale now....Opening payload bay doors that could capture space junk. Fore and aft RCS. a rear tail airbrake with drag chute. Heck with automated launch this thing would be epic. Would be brilliant if a plug in could be developed for assent, on -orbit, and decent profile caracteristics. Stronger RCS on decent and fuel dump ect...

... I\'ve played around with the part settings and have it gliding quite nice now ...

The thing about the real shuttle is, it doesn\'t glide, it falls like a brick (maximum glide ratio 3:1). Selecting the shuttle final approach situation in X-plane is damn terrifying. The shuttle isn\'t a plane or space plane, it\'s an oversized space capsule with some small wings to arrest its descent before it splats.

In other words, quite Kerbal, and should be left with poor flight characteristics.