I am full of grief and coffee

Whackjob

Oh cmon now. Small stuff can be fun, and small is relative. Small for Whackjob is still big for the rest of us and has the ability to be ridiculously complicated (looking anyway) and functional.

Sigh, ok, fine. He can keep Kerbaling. Astropapi, here's your rockets back.

I have.

I keep meaning to build myself something like that. I don't like wheels.

Whackjob, I can feel my computer screaming just looking at that.

What's scary is that's only the shell, and I'm already at 2,600 parts :(

This one's gonna be a CPU smelter for sure. There still has to be the internal structural reinforcement, landing legs, transplanetary drive, lifter engines, sheddable Kerbish escape launch system, crew quarters, bowling alley, nougat vat, full scale kethane refinery, and somehow still cram in a pear tree so I can staple the partridge to it.

What's scary is that's only the shell, and I'm already at 2,600 parts :(

This one's gonna be a CPU smelter for sure. There still has to be the internal structural reinforcement, landing legs, transplanetary drive, lifter engines, sheddable Kerbish escape launch system, crew quarters, bowling alley, nougat vat, full scale kethane refinery, and somehow still cram in a pear tree so I can staple the partridge to it.

You're not fooling anyone, you know. We all know a Dyson sphere when we see one.

Can you... kinda of... give it a slight nudge?

*evil cackle* You want me to roll the ball, eh? Tell you what. When I have the inside infrastructure done, I'll try to roll it with the aid of a booster. And youtube it.

Operation ball roll failed. The reinforcements are nowhere near enough. And as much as I hate to admit such a thing, this might be too big. Whole sections of the ball are unselectable and I cannot attach struts to them. I think there's a hard limit somewhere. So I might have to make this a bit smaller.

Meh. WTB larger VAB.

Forget about rolling the ball itself. Instead, put a rover inside it, and see if you can drive fast enough to do loops inside the sphere.

.... This is an AWESOME idea. I do have to make a smaller ball, because I've hit some sort of limit... but I don't see why this can't be done.

Working on it now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.