Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

haha! The SLS is massively, monumenally overkill. It\'s less for \'getting to the Mun\' than it is \'achieving solar escape velocity, then braking, landing on the mun, achieving a solar flyby, then returning to kerbin.\'

I exaggerate, but only slightly.

This whole pack is so laughably overpowred. Whcih doesn\'t make it any less awesome, m ind you, it\'s just that we really need other planets to push their capabilities.

I\'d rather them be over powered than forcing you to follow an exact flight plan with no margin for error

Hey guys! Here\'s another Altair progress update!

As you can see in the image below, the descent fuel tank, descent engine, legs and RCS block models are finished. I remodeled the lander leg that\'s currently in my pack to better accommodate Altair. I still have a long way to go, but it\'s finally starting to look like an actual lander now :)

F17GZ.png

As you can see in the image below, the descent fuel tank, descent engine, legs and RCS block models are finished. I remodeled the lander leg that\'s currently in my pack to better accommodate Altair. I still have a long way to go, but it\'s finally starting to look like an actual lander now :)

F17GZ.png

Will the ascent stage have its own SAS? Because most lander packs don\'t have one, which is part of the reason why I make my own.

F17GZ.png

Please. Can you add a link to download it or a post with the updates?

I\'d rather them be over powered than forcing you to follow an exact flight plan with no margin for error

I\'d rather there be *some* challenge to it. As it is, any of the IFE rockets I can stick a basic lander on, take off, point it at the Mun up above 20km, and keep burning until I reach a munar intercept. And return with enough fuel in my lander for a powered landing. There\'s literally no challenge in performing a landing with any of them.

I propose that when the pack is \'complete\', we get a second version balanced for a higher difficulty curve.

I\'d rather there be *some* challenge to it. As it is, any of the IFE rockets I can stick a basic lander on, take off, point it at the Mun up above 20km, and keep burning until I reach a munar intercept. And return with enough fuel in my lander for a powered landing. There\'s literally no challenge in performing a landing with any of them.

I propose that when the pack is \'complete\', we get a second version balanced for a higher difficulty curve.

This sums up my feelings pretty well...

As I\'m building the lander, I\'m working to balance my rockets as well. Version 1.4 will correct a majority of power issues. I want it to be a challenge, but as venku122 mentioned, I don\'t want it to be so challenging where you have to follow an exact flight plan with no margin for error... I\'m fairly satisfied with the changes I\'ve already made, but I still have a few more things to tweak.

As I\'m building the lander, I\'m working to balance my rockets as well. Version 1.4 will correct a majority of power issues. I want it to be a challenge, but as venku122 mentioned, I don\'t want it to be so challenging where you have to follow an exact flight plan with no margin for error... I\'m fairly satisfied with the changes I\'ve already made, but I still have a few more things to tweak.

Think you\'ve the right way about it. Besides the rockets will act Compleatly different with the added mass of the lander inside. Even as they are you could be tight for fuel when the pack includes the lander. Don\'t snag a job before its finnished

awwh i was going to make this :( oh well guess i will stick to rockets :D you do better realistic detail anyway. though i should request. can you make it modular? like make them able to stack onto eahc other vertically and horizontally and that way you can put cargo0 on top of it?

I know they have plans fo cargo and crew versons. so why not allow for modular? :)

You know , im getting really sick and tired of posters that constantly complain that mods aren\'t 'challenging enough'. It must be really discouraging to those actually putting effort into these things to be told that their hard work simply isnt up to their standard. If you dont like it , dont download it.

You know , im getting really sick and tired of posters that constantly complain that mods aren\'t 'challenging enough'. It must be really discouraging to those actually putting effort into these things to be told that their hard work simply isnt up to their standard. If you dont like it , dont download it.

If mod-makers\' egos are so fragile that they can\'t stand a bit of constructive criticism, then they shouldn\'t put their stuff up for public consumption in the first place.

I\'ve pointed out that I absolutely lover this pack, but find it (vastly) overpowered. Jordan\'s already meantioned he\'s going to correct some of the balance issues. This is awesome news to me.

The fact is, those of us who have developed a high degree of skill at this game DO want mods that aren\'t too easy. I think it would probably be a good idea for mod-makers to cater to all skill levels, but I certainly can\'t force them to do so. All I can do is suggest tyo them that they do, and hope they take my suggestions. If that offends you, sirscott, then that\'s just too bad.

Jordan: Your lander looks amazing. Can\'t wait to fly it. Glad you\'re rebalancing, keep up the good work.

I wasn\'t being negative. I was just saying at the minute they seam over powered BUT get a satellite/bigger pod/lander and they will be totally different. They might not even need re-ballancing. Hopefully in the full version H might be able to devise a way of setting level. Maybe by reducing power by 5% and tank capacity by the same for hard & increasing them for easy. I mean for now....take them as they are and if you don\'t like them just change there peramiters for yourself in notepad. But myself I\'m holding out for the pack to be complete...as I say...don\'t snag it...untill it\'s finnished. Kept up the good work bad boy!

I wasn\'t being negative. I was just saying at the minute they seam over powered BUT get a satellite/bigger pod/lander and they will be totally different. They might not even need re-ballancing. Hopefully in the full version H might be able to devise a way of setting level. Maybe by reducing power by 5% and tank capacity by the same for hard & increasing them for easy. I mean for now....take them as they are and if you don\'t like them just change there peramiters for yourself in notepad. But myself I\'m holding out for the pack to be complete...as I say...don\'t snag it...untill it\'s finnished. Kept up the good work bad boy!

Rockets are made to lift things. i don\'t understand why people are complaing about these rockets. They say the same stuff about my Failcan9 rockets.

They are made to lift things into orbit, interplanetary landers and such. Not just for a capsule...

this guys are made to go to the moon and lift landers and such. there is no need to worry about OP-ness.

you want to worry about making rockets with a bunch of pieces? use only stock parts -__-

Man! I drive home from a nice vacation, and all hell breaks loose... :P

awwh i was going to make this :( oh well guess i will stick to rockets :D you do better realistic detail anyway. though i should request. can you make it modular? like make them able to stack onto eahc other vertically and horizontally and that way you can put cargo0 on top of it?

I know they have plans fo cargo and crew versons. so why not allow for modular? :)

Haha! No worries! By the way, I\'m truly impressed with the craftsmanship of your Failcan9 rocket! Especially the engines. They\'re absolutely gorgeous! :)

As for Altair, it\'s definitely modular. When fully assembled, it will consist of about 10 separate parts.

As a freelance web & graphic designer, I receive a lot of positive and negative criticism on a daily basis... It doesn\'t bother me at all. I actually welcome it. It pushes me to do better. And since I\'ve only been modeling for only 3 months, I\'m incredibly grateful for the positive feedback all of you have already given me!

As a freelance web & graphic designer, I receive a lot of positive and negative criticism on a daily basis... It doesn\'t bother me at all. I actually welcome it. It pushes me to do better. And since I\'ve only been modeling for only 3 months, I\'m incredibly grateful for the positive feedback all of you have already given me!

may as well be 3 years with the quality of what you are curning out...

Sorry I haven\'t posted in a few days. I\'ve been slammed with work ever since I got home from vacation... And because of that, I haven\'t been able to work on Altair as much as I would have liked. However, if things continue to go smoothly, I should be caught up with my work by tomorrow night, so I can resume my work on Altair over the weekend. Right now, my biggest hurdle with Altair is trying to figure out how to assemble the ascent stage. Once that\'s solved, modeling shouldn\'t take too much time. After modeling, I just have textures and part configuration left before it can be released. I don\'t have an official release date for 1.4 just yet, but it should be out before Christmas.

Absolutely love this pack. I\'m currently using the SLS with the II adapter, and my god; it\'s a great rocket combo. I did notice that you do plan on lowering thrust, and upping consumption for the Intrepid II Atlas IV Engine. Please tell me that you\'re going to do a \'deep space\' engine.

Absolutely love this pack. I\'m currently using the SLS with the II adapter, and my god; it\'s a great rocket combo. I did notice that you do plan on lowering thrust, and upping consumption for the Intrepid II Atlas IV Engine. Please tell me that you\'re going to do a \'deep space\' engine.

Thanks! I\'m glad you love it! I don\'t have any plans to build a deep space engine, but I don\'t see why not. I\'m just trying to finish Altair before I move on to anything else.