Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok guys, here\'s a little update.

I figured out how to assemble the ascent stage over the weekend, and I\'m pretty satisfied with how it will all come together. I started modeling the parts yesterday, and I continued to work on them today. If things go smoothly, you can expect to see more WIP screenshots sometime soon. Thanks for your patience!

How pretty. How many polys is it? Could you keep a high poly version as an alternate download for the gtx 580 packing among us?

Polys don\'t affect performance as much as texture resolution. I think even the average computer\'d person could be able to handle it.

How pretty. How many polys is it? Could you keep a high poly version as an alternate download for the gtx 580 packing among us?

The polygon count isn\'t too bad. Almost all of parts are well below 1,000. The only parts above 1,000 are the Ascent Module RCS (2,964), and the Main Fuel Tank (7,282). Optimizing the Fuel Tank down to 7,282 polys was a HUGE improvement from where it was originally... 170,500+ :o Yeah, I got a little carried away with the details... :D To be honest, unless you zoom in as close as you can get to the lander, you won\'t even notice!

Also, I\'m running my tests in version 0.13x2, and I\'m happy to report that the game loads in under 30 seconds with my entire pack (including Altair) installed! HarvesteR did one helluva job with the performance optimization! If I remember correctly, KSP loaded in a little over a minute and a half in version 0.12, so the optimization shaved off over a minute of load time! Of course, it will take a little bit longer when the game first loads the parts, but subsequent load times will be under 30 seconds (or more, if you have other mod packs installed).

The polygon count isn\'t too bad. Almost all of parts are well below 1,000. The only parts above 1,000 are the Ascent Module RCS (2,964), and the Main Fuel Tank (7,282). Optimizing the Fuel Tank down to 7,282 polys was a HUGE improvement from where it was originally... 170,500+ :o Yeah, I got a little carried away with the details... :D To be honest, unless you zoom in as close as you can get to the lander, you won\'t even notice!

Also, I\'m running my tests in version 0.13x2, and I\'m happy to report that the game loads in under 30 seconds with my entire pack (including Altair) installed! HarvesteR did one helluva job with the performance optimization! If I remember correctly, KSP loaded in a little over a minute and a half in version 0.12, so the optimization shaved off over a minute of load time! Of course, it will take a little bit longer when the game first loads the parts, but subsequent load times will be under 30 seconds (or more, if you have other mod packs installed).

I have 700mb of addons, and a gtx 580 so for me its not really that important

Y\'know, it would be nice to have \'exploded view\' of these vehicles. With previously saved ships disabled in .13, I\'m having to reassemble them myself. Sure, I can do the Intrepid II and SLS, but I\'ve never used the V.

Until I finish the exploded views, this will have to do:

Intrepid V (400 Series)

Stage 0

• [li]Command Pod[/li]
    [li]Parachute[/li]

Stage 1

• [li]Intrepid V S2 Decoupler[/li]

Stage 2

• [li]Intrepid V Centaur S.A.S. Module[/li]
    [li]Intrepid V Centaur[/li]
    [li]Intrepid V RL-10 Engine[/li]

Stage 3

• [li]Intrepid V S1 Interstage A[/li]

Stage 4

• [li]Intrepid V Payload Fairing (1.50m) (Symmetry 2)[/li]

Stage 5

• [li]Intrepid V SRB Decoupler (Symmetry 2)[/li]

Stage 6

• [li]Intrepid V Common Core Booster S.A.S. Module[/li]
    [li]Intrepid V Common Core Booster[/li]
    [li]Intrepid V RD-180 Engine[/li]
    [li]EAS-4 Strut Connector (Symmetry 4)[/li]
    [li]Intrepid V SRB[/li]
    [li]Intrepid V SRB Nosecone with S.A.S.[/li]

Intrepid V (500 Series)

Everything is identical to the Intrepid V 400 Series except stages 3 & 4. Replace the Intrepid V S1 Interstage A and the Intrepid V Payload Fairing (1.50m) with the Intrepid V S1 Interstage B and the Intrepid V Payload Fairing (2.00m) respectively.

i\'ve made two different version of Atlas V

one with the Noyuz http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4088.0

6527754823_43883bd5f3_o.png

KSP 2011-12-17 22-31-16-92 di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

and one with the Cyclone Spacecraft :Dhttp://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4395.0

6527757051_44e917deab_o.png

KSP 2011-12-17 23-06-21-60 di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

the soyuz version it\'s fine... he have only a strong pitch-over during the ascend... but it\'s easy correctable with the RCS system :)

Progress Update!

Hey everyone! I\'m happy to report that Altair is almost finished! I had a lot of free time today, so I was able to finish the textures. The only thing left on my to-do list is to configure the parts. Getting the textures finished is a huge relief, since it\'s the most time-consuming process. Anyways, here\'s the latest WIP picture... fully textured ;)

Version 1.4 including Altair will definitely be released sometime this week :)

HWICS.png