Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey Everyone,

Version 1.0.3 is now available for you to download. This update fixes the issue where certain parts wouldn\'t stack together... mainly in Mac OS X.

Also, the poll at the top will close on Monday, so get your votes in!

well the game crashes everytime i get the loading screen when i installed ur parts i took the newest version.........help?

What OS and KSP version are you using. Also, what does the debug console say before KSP crashes (press Alt+F2).

Go to your parts folder, and find the mod pack. Copy and paste everything in that folder (should be a bunch of parts) into your parts folder and delete its parent folder. The format for the mod is wrong, just ask one of the moderators for th e details.

I making a video using your rocket. I\'ll update this once Im done editing.

P.S. Your interstage decoupler doesn\'t like anything heavier than your lander. K and W lander makes it wobble crazily

That\'s awesome! Definitely keep us updated on the video!

As for the wobbling... I think Unity has trouble dealing with heavy parts. I\'m not 100% sure, but that\'s my guess. In the early stages of developing the Intrepid II, that was definitely the case... In fact, the Intrepid II was supposed to be modeled after a Delta IV Rocket, but the engine kept wobbling uncontrollably due to the weight above it. It would stay connected, but it would lodge itself out of place just enough to throw the rocket off-course. Sometimes, it wouldn\'t even make it off the pad >:(

If people keep voting the way others have, it looks like I\'ll be building the SLS next. I can only hope this weight issue won\'t be a problem during development... knock on wood.

Alright everyone! The polls are closed... for this question at least! Here are the final stats:

A concept heavy launch vehicle (e.g. SLS, Ares V) - 49 (47.6%)

A real heavy launch vehicle (e.g. Delta IV Heavy) - 12 (11.7%)

An Expendable Launch Vehicle (e.g. Delta II/IV, Atlas V) - 27 (26.2%)

We can use custom command pods! Build a shuttle! - 14 (13.6%)

Other (specify in a reply) - 1 (1%)

Why am I not surprised... :D Thanks to the over 100 of you who voted! I\'ll start designing your new Intrepid SLS! By the way, this topic is also the official home of Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc., so any updates and new releases will take place right here :)

Alright everyone! The polls are closed... for this question at least! Here are the final stats:

A concept heavy launch vehicle (e.g. SLS, Ares V) - 49 (47.6%)

A real heavy launch vehicle (e.g. Delta IV Heavy) - 12 (11.7%)

An Expendable Launch Vehicle (e.g. Delta II/IV, Atlas V) - 27 (26.2%)

We can use custom command pods! Build a shuttle! - 14 (13.6%)

Other (specify in a reply) - 1 (1%)

Why am I not surprised... :D Thanks to the over 100 of you who voted! I\'ll start designing your new Intrepid SLS! By the way, this topic is also the official home of Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc., so any updates and new releases will take place right here :)

When you build your new rocket could you please make 100% of the parts? Part of what\'s so great about the intrepid is that it all works together and is balanced for itself. After I used the Intrepid II a couple times I took my favorite parts (solaris and 100s SRB) and use them in other designs

When you build your new rocket could you please make 100% of the parts? Part of what\'s so great about the intrepid is that it all works together and is balanced for itself. After I used the Intrepid II a couple times I took my favorite parts (solaris and 100s SRB) and use them in other designs

Absolutely! This was one of the main reasons why I started to build my own parts in the first place! I was tired of mixing and matching parts from other packs in an attempt to make things work together. Building my own parts not only allows me to call them my own, but like you said, they work together and balance each other out. Plus, why try to replicate a real rocket when you can just build one that looks exactly like its real life counterpart!

Since it looks like an Atlas V will be made after the Ares V I wanted to let everyone that they can download a pdf of the user manual for the real thing from the United Launch Alliance website (www.ulalaunch.com). Dimensions for the 4m and 5m fairing version can be found on pages 25 and 26 respectively.

-Detlef

ps. Direct link to the pdf: 26.9 MB and 420 pages long. http://www.ulalaunch.com/site/docs/product_cards/guides/AtlasVUsersGuide2010.pdf

pps. They also have the manuals for the Delta\'s II and IV on their site.

Since it looks like an Atlas V will be made after the Ares V I wanted to let everyone that they can download a pdf of the user manual for the real thing from the United Launch Alliance website (www.ulalaunch.com). Dimensions for the 4m and 5m fairing version can be found on pages 24 and 25 respectively.

-Detlef

ps. Direct link to the pdf: 26.9 MB and 420 pages long. http://www.ulalaunch.com/site/docs/product_cards/guides/AtlasVUsersGuide2010.pdf

pps. They also have the manuals for the Delta\'s II and IV on their site.

This is exactly what I\'ve been using to scale the parts, and it definitely makes building them a whole lot easier! :D Thanks for the share!

PROGRESS UPDATE!

I began working on the Intrepid SLS today. So far, things are progressing nicely. The main engines and the core fuel tank have been modeled and textured. I\'ve been able to incorporate several parts from the Intrepid II into the SLS (e.g. 5 Segment SRB, Atlas IV Engine, etc.), so that makes things a little bit easier. As of right now, I can\'t predict or promise any official release date, but I\'ll keep all of you informed with these little progress updates.

Also, if you were wondering, the Intrepid SLS is being modeled after the evolved, final configuration of NASA\'s new SLS rocket... not the initial configuration. Bigger is alway better, right? :P

PROGRESS UPDATE!

So, I had a few hours of free time tonight, and decided to work on the SLS a little bit more. Let me tell you: This rocket is a beast!!! Once it\'s finished, it will stand over 25 meters tall, and launch pretty much anything into orbit!

Ok. Now that I got that off my chest... :D I\'m surprised at how quickly things are going. I\'m even more surprised to tell you that you will definitely have the SLS by Thanksgiving, if not sooner. I also took the time to update my main post to include an SLS Progress Report. It shows all of the parts that make up the SLS, and the progress I\'m making on each part. Millst0ne, if things continue to go as planned, you will have your WIP pics on Wednesday or Thursday :)

It is necessary to make a rocket Delta - 4 as a family ....

Delta_rocket_evolution.png

It\'s not necessary... you could build any individual version of the Delta IV rocket, but it\'s not difficult to complete the family. As I\'ve said before, the Intrepid II was supposed to be modeled after the Delta IV, before I ran into stability issues. I already made some of the parts a month or so ago for testing, so I can tell you from fact that you can easily build all of them with minimal parts.

As long as you have a Common Booster Core, RS-68 Engine, GEM 60 SRB\'s, and an upper stage RL10B-2 Engine, you only need to swap out the interstage decoupler, upper stage fuel tank and payload fairing to complete the family.