Operation New Dawn [Mission Log]

Odo

Oh, *tisk*.

His first thread of going to the Mun turned into making a space station. :rolleyes:

Rofl. Also I dunno how to rename the thread. When I edit it theres no option to change the name, just the contents.

Hey, if you're still designing that rover... Use six small wheels, make sure your CoM is low, and check out the Lazor Camera Mod on the spaceport. It adds a small camera you can put on rovers and unmanned aircraft.

I wasn't able to find the mod you're talking about, but my rover already has 6 small wheels, and its com is low

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-cam/

There you go. All you need is in that download. You can't activate it through action groups, so you have to right click and activate it from there. The a little window comes up and you can zoom in/out and move/rotate the camera.

You can put it on boosters and wath them fall after you decouple them. Pretty cinematic. :)

Oh, by the way Odo, don't make the same dumb mistake I did, and put some batteries on that rover. :wink:

Hahah already did ;) thanks for the concern though haha

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-cam/

There you go. All you need is in that download. You can't activate it through action groups, so you have to right click and activate it from there. The a little window comes up and you can zoom in/out and move/rotate the camera.

You can put it on boosters and wath them fall after you decouple them. Pretty cinematic. :)

Awesome! Installing it now :) hopefully I can fit it onto my rover.

Yeah, it's super small, so you can fit it on pretty much any rover you design. :)

aw yeah I got it installed :D Ill post a screenshot of my rover. Hopefully the next screenshots will be it on mars :)

I'll take a couple of screenies from a "secret" project I'm working on. Wait a couple of minutes so I can start-up the game. :)

Wait a couple minutes for my screenie so I can get it working rofl

My Rover (which is modeled after the curiosity) investigating a monolith with its camera.

2v11coy.jpg

Here you can see the eyestock was achieved with some structural beams, a square light and the camera.

2lvy9as.jpg

Cruising along at its top speed of 9.4 m/s (20 mph) It can turn at this speed and not even get one wheel off the ground as Ive weighted it really carefully. Ive tried steering it at 17 m/s and it still was fine, so this is a very stable rig.

2qdwjl4.jpg

So... here we go: The Mk Twain Rovers! :D :

mHfHaqa.png

cej3aIL.png

nevEjDI.png

(There's two on their way to Duna. One of them is going to land on the north pole and the other one is going to land on the great plains.)

Also, as a little addition, The Two NOVA telescopes:

NOVA 1, on a fly-by mission to Duna. (Just to show off it's capabilities and to get really cool shots of Duna's terrain)

ie1VJhh.png

NOVA 2 on Kerbin departure, a normal NOVA with a propulsion system and integrated ASAS. (It will circularize on it's own power at a 65° orbit to provide cool pictures of almost the entire planetary surface. It will then work for Comms between a future manned mission and Mission Control).

YcF4OeZ.png

(Sorry for the huge screenshots, I don't know how to make them smaller. :()

Nice dude! I shoulda slanted my wheels! Its too late now though. Its already halfway to Duna. xD .. That sounds like an epic song name. Halfway to Duna.

I really just botched up my fuel. I did a needless 8 minute burn, fell out of atmosphere, had to fix it before we all imploded, and now Ive finally got a perfect node but I might not be able to perform it as ive only got 498 fuel left and its another 8 minute burn. Sigh

I noticed the lack of good pictures on my post quite... disturbing. So here's a couple more of them, if you want to replicate them:

Mk Twain:

(Close-up from behind)

yonr4Vt.jpg

(Scale, compared to an engineer. Both at ground level)

Lrz1RNB.jpg

NOVA:

(Two close shots [it was made using the Ordan industries telescopes])

cpGP8pr.png

jvF5e7T.png

(Scale, compared to an engineer. Both at ground level)

jg112rB.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.