Operation New Dawn [Mission Log]

Odo

Ahh. Okay. Don't worry if I may publish a Dunar rocket looking like yours. It will say "DESIGN BY: Odo".

Anyways, I'm giving Duna a shot! I think planets with atmosphere are easier for landing because you can actually put some 'chutes on them, and you don't need to burn fuel to land.

EDIT: hooray my 42th post meaning the life, universe and everything!!!

Ahh. Okay. Don't worry if I may publish a Dunar rocket looking like yours. It will say "DESIGN BY: Odo".

Anyways, I'm giving Duna a shot! I think planets with atmosphere are easier for landing because you can actually put some 'chutes on them, and you don't need to burn fuel to land.

Alright sounds cool.

And yeah I agree chutes make everything easier :)

Also one thing you might not have noticed, is theres 2 engines on the bottom of each of the smaller tanks on the sides of the big one

Alright sounds cool.

And yeah I agree chutes make everything easier :)

Also one thing you might not have noticed, is theres 2 engines on the bottom of each of the smaller tanks on the sides of the big one

Let me have a guess...

LV T-45/T-30?

Let me have a guess...

LV T-45/T-30?

While I dont know the names by heart, its 2 different engines. The ones closest to the center are the mainsail equivelant of the smaller engines, and the ones on the outer side are the skipper equivelant of the smaller engines.

While I dont know the names by heart, its 2 different engines. The ones closest to the center are the mainsail equivelant of the smaller engines, and the ones on the outer side are the skipper equivelant of the smaller engines.

Reviewing the images I can say that you used the T-45 for the left side one and T-30 for the right side one.

Reviewing the images I can say that you used the T-45 for the left side one and T-30 for the right side one.

K, cause I dont have the game open otherwise I would tell you haha. I think you're right though :) Good luck on your Duna mission! Link it here when you're done, I wanna read it :)

After some white knuckle driving down a mountain we've united Journey with our crew down at the face's crater :) (Fastest I got was 27 m/s down the mountain)

rsy7gz.jpg

The only way to have a kerbal ride it (If for some reason we ever have to) is to have him grab onto the ladder on the front of the rover. Which was originally placed there for aesthetics (to fill an empty place) but looks like it might serve a purpose after all :)

Love the mission log! It inspired me to start designing my own duna mission (all on paper unfortunately, I'm away from ksp for a couple weeks and I'm going through withdrawal ). Thanks for the great thread!

:) I look forward to you doing the mission in KSP! If you make a thread about it link it here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.