Help, or advice

Hi Kerbal engineers, o have a pretyy few ideas to make, like real design rocket motors and stuff but i am stuck at the modeling part, because the only thing in which i can model is Autodesk Inventor, well i know it is not perfect but can someone help me with that stuff? i mean whats are the dimensions etc.?

Any help will be appreciated

If it can export to collada then you should be able to use it. Start with making a cylinder with 24 sides and a second mesh called 'node_collider' with 12 sides. they should be 1m diameter. They need a material set and some uv co-ordinates.

If your software cannot do this, then blender is free. You could at least import/export to blender to convert the files.

No it doesnt, so i have to learn with that stuff named blender... i tried to import an existing Dae file (like Mkpod1) but nothing happened :/ i mean nothing showed up... i use blender 2.59 and collada to blender plug in 0.3.159... gosh

For some reason blender does not want to import existing game files. You can import them with Google Sketchup. But that program will not let you save back to the game. The long and hard way is to import in Google Sketchup, then export as '3d model: Collada' and then import that model into Blender.

Mine does... Not sure if I got it as a free plug in. I only have the free version. I\'ll have to check the forums for plug ins for you.

You can export to Google Earth, unzip the kmz file, and then import it to blender. Welcome to the world of free, but only half functioning software!

If you are really set on modelling in Inventor, try to find a filetype that Inventor can save parts as, and Blender (or 3ds) can open. Inventor cannot save the filetype needed, but it looks like Blender and 3ds can.

And yes, you can name parts in Inventor, I believe you double click the part name in the specification tree, or right click and click rename, I can\'t remember which it is right now.