Springbok V

Got inspiration form Mulbin to build nice rockets too: Put together in 2 days with a lot of trial (killing Kerbals) and error (moaar Kerbals) I will put nice images up tomorrow.. instead of these ****ty 'screen shots':sticktongue:

2013-06-23%2023.17.56.jpg

2013-06-23%2023.18.25.jpg

2013-06-23%2023.18.55.jpg

Once it was finished I managed to get 3 Kerbals, and 4 of the 760 parts back from the Mun on the second try:cool:

I know, but I don't have the screen shots with me now. Just the stuff I send to a friend with whatsapp last night :-$

@Neotican And thanks 8-) First time I share something on the Forum, been playing this game for 2 months, completely hooked.

Edited by Aphox
Please use the edit function instead of multiple posts in succession

@mulbin: it's the obvious thing to do isn't it? ;-) though i went for a Saturn like planet instead of a star; I hope we get a Saturn like planet in the next update. Imagine orbiting just above the rings :-o

Some extra images from last nights mission to the Mun:

screenshot98.jpg

screenshot101.jpg

screenshot108.jpg

screenshot111.jpg

screenshot120.jpg

screenshot121.jpg

screenshot129.jpg

screenshot130.jpg

screenshot140.jpg

screenshot148.jpg

Apollo 16; John Young's jump salute.

screenshot151.jpg

screenshot153.jpg

screenshot159.jpg

screenshot163.jpg

screenshot164.jpg

/snip/

I hope we get a Saturn like planet in the next update. Imagine orbiting just above the rings :-o

/snip/

That would be incredible. I wonder how the rings would be rendered though; if we could get all of the detail once you get close, or if there would be the real hazard of trying to get through the rings without hitting any of the many tiny pieces that make up the rings.

That's quite a nice looking lander too. :D

@ixolate. With the wheels on 90 degrees the rover just popped out. When I put the wheels on an angle for extra stability during eh well .. roving.. it got stuck. Solution: I just put the whole lander on a slight angle until it worked properly. I'll upload the *.craft file tomorrow if you want.

The whole thing still needs a bit of fine tuning, but at the same time something went wrong/didn't work during all Apollo missions X-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.