[0.21.x] Graphotron 2000

olex

I've been playing with this mod for about a week now and absolutely love it! And the little printing calculator looks so wonderfully wonky sitting next to Jeb on my rovers. Thank you so much.

The one request I'd add to what's already been mentioned is to record MET instead of Datapoint 1, 2, 3, etc.

Sorry, two requests -- could you make it indestructible (or nearly so) so that it could be "recovered" after a ship or plane blows up, acting like a sort of black box?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi olex -- love Graphotron but, when you get the time, could you take a look at the textures? Graphotron uses 15.7 MB of MBMs for textures, the bulk of that appear to be just to colorize the calculator buttons. :(

Agreed. That would be a good little improvement.

• 3 weeks later...
Save on crash, maybe additional options

Guess what I have done :D

I extended the code from olex and added two new options.

First: Export on Crash: If the vessel gets destroyed, plotting is activated and this option is enabled, then it will export the current data to a csv file like the normal export would do.

Second: You can log more data than shown. If this option is selected and you can export all data (csv, not png) since the last reset.

Both options can be combined.

Source on GitHub

Download: from skydrive or zippyshare.com

Installation: Just replace the old olexlib.dll in <KSP>\GameData\Graphotron 2000\Plugins and restart KSP (should be 100% compatible)

Hope olex will include this in the next official update!

• 2 months later...
Click to enlarge

02_Experimental_data_temperature_K_graded.png

How do you get such nice graphs from the Graphotron? I remember them being much more... sparse.

This is a really cool mod. Is there, perhaps, any chance of it being updated for 0.22 or 0.23? Because I'd really enjoy using it again. :)

I think the .dll a couple of posts up should work under 0.22.

I think the .dll a couple of posts up should work under 0.22.

I tried the download in the original post plus the .dll from ham's post in a stock sandbox game of KSP, and the graphotron gui won't show up. I can right-click and get the "show/hide UI" button but clicking it does nothing. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though, it is appreciated.

As requested, here is the updated version!

Download: Skydrive or Zippyshare

Installation: Extract the content from the archive in your KSP folder as usual.

I placed the part next to the thermometer (node "Space Exploration"), feel free to change it (within the part.cfg).

It's my version with the two extra options (explained in post 35).

Enjoy it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any chance of seeing this updated for 0.23? Or does it already work?

Doesn't seem to work for me, which makes me sad. Graphotron was what made KSP feel like science, before there was science.

Here's what I'm getting (from ham's update):

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Graphotron 2000\Plugins\olexlib.dll (this message is harmless)
AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'olexlib': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Additional information about this exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'olexlib.HybridRocketModule' from assembly 'olexlib, Version=1.0.5085.22723, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Edited by GavinZac

• 3 weeks later...