Offering My Services as a Sound Designer

What's up everybody.

I'd like to offer my services in sound design to those desiring auditory augmentation for their mods.

I've thoroughly enjoyed countless KSP mods, and I have come to view several of them as absolutely essential to my KSP experience.

(Remotetech, ISA MapSat, Chatterer, KAS, Airships, B9 Aerospace pack, Bobcat American and Soviet packs, KW Rocketry, to name but a few)

Given the hundreds of hours of enjoyment I've derived from an $18 purchase enhanced by free mods, I've come to feel a wee bit guilty for failing to contribute to this great community in a more meaningful way, as I am well aware of the long hours people spend on these labours of love, and of the often thankless nature of the job.

While I've done a little bit of modelling, the community certainly doesn't require more mediocre modellers, and as for programming, you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that programmers aren't in fact magicians.

So, given my lack of skillz with a zed, I dismissed the idea of becoming active in modding, resigned to my fate as an appreciative leach.

Somehow I had managed to overlook sound design as an integral part of modding; an absurd oversight for a sound designer.

Anyhoo, I'm happy to help-out, so if you're after any sound whatsoever just let me know.

Whether engine loops, custom sounds, bowel-rattling 30Hz sub bass rumbles, actual samples, rhythms, music or whatever else, I can help you to maximize the potential of your mod.

The importance of sound may be oft-overlooked, but whether we are conscious of it at the time or not, there's no denying that it has a dramatic impact on the overall atmosphere of the game. =)

Edited by little square dot

Yes, would you be interesting in helping out making tracks and engine sounds for the caterpillar tracks mod?

I'd be happy to. Big fan of the mod(coupled with dynamic warp;)).

Shoot me a message if you have any specific direction. I'm just polishing-up a few sounds for Razchek, but I'll have a look to see what I can dig-up in terms of raw samples of tracks/engines. Also, if they're based on real-world models, give me the info so I can have a look for the appropriate sounds. I don't know much of anything about tracks... :/

Chatterer could make use of your talents as well!

I'm not particularly satisfied with the royalty-free beep samples I was able to find on the web. I really wanted some nice two- and three-tone samples but most everything I found is single.

If you are interested in creating some new beep samples, I would love to include them with the plugin.

Good stuff... another one of my favourites.

Just found the Quindar specs: 2 x 250ms sine waves at 2,525Hz and 2,475Hz respectively. That'll take a good 30 seconds to throw together. :P I don't see anything about a third tone though. :huh:

Was a third tone used, or did you just want a custom tone?

We are on slightly different pages. I was referring to the ten or so Chatterer probe beeps, not the Quindar.

I would really like some multi-tone "beep-boop-blip" kind of samples as opposed to the single "beep" like the majority of the probe sounds.

We are on slightly different pages. I was referring to the ten or so Chatterer probe beeps, not the Quindar.

I would really like some multi-tone "beep-boop-blip" kind of samples as opposed to the single "beep" like the majority of the probe sounds.

teehee, I just realized this and was about to edit my post. on it.

Question... do you just want variations on the beep-blap-boop theme, or would you like some more complex nonsensical probe chatter?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.