Every plane veers right immediately, what am I missing?

Hey guys,

I've done plenty of missions/landings/ect. with rockets but only just taking my first steps in the hangar with planes. (seems like a good time since I've heard .21 will break saves anyways).

However, I have this issue where no matter what I build, no matter how many or few parts - it quickly veers to the right when attempting a takeoff. I haven't been able to go for more than 2-3 seconds before it kicks in, regardless of engine. I've used double symmetry on everything so I don't think it could be a weight issue. I've added control surfaces, various wings, different engines, different wheels. Doesn't matter, it quickly turns right. Very frustrating, I usually like to figure things out by myself but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something very important.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the solution?

Cheers,

Kris

Edited by Krisism

Can we get some pictures of the plane? It's often caused by landing gear not being upwards, but slightly angled.

I don't really have any saved crafts as I am constantly failing with them :P Thank you for the note about landing legs though. I tried putting the front ones on the wings to test that theory and low and behold, it was the first time it got down the runway. Takeoff was pretty funny (total backflip into the ground), but it made it to the end without veering. I think that was it, thanks.

I'm assuming this veering is happening while you're still on the runway? If so, then it's probably because you've attached the front landing gear to the command pod. This causes some sort of glitch resulting in the hard turn to the right halfway down the runway. Simple to fix: attach the nosegear to some other part.

But if this isn't what you're talking about, then this won't help :)

Tex_NL just helped me solve this exact problem in another thread. Ensure that your landing gears are perfectly aligned forward. Any variation will cause instability as your speed increases. Minimize the number of landing gears you have (3, unless more is necessary for some reason). And keep your rear landing gears just barely behind your CoM to allow for better taxiing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.