Half-Life 3? Discussion

Brabbit1987

Not sure if this has been talked about before, but who else here is excited for it, but also seriously let down at the same time?

I think Valve had to have broke some type of record with HL3. Rumors go around all the time with out them having to lift a finger.

No one knows is it's even being worked on, yet nearly everyone is sure it is, but then they second guess themselves just because it has been so long since episode 2.

Who here is also a Half-Life fan like myself? Also what are your thoughts on HL3?

Do you hate that Valve has not said anything on it? Do you simply not care anymore? Or ... are you like me and cracking up in side because it's jsut so funny that Valve is probably one of the largest trolls in history to their fans?

They said they didn't want to hype Half-life 3, yet it's even more hyped then if they would have actually announced something XD. Some people think that HL3 is so hyped now, that Valve is too scared to release anything due to expectations.

Even if Valve never releases HL3, it's the only game that has ever hyped me to the point that has made me have the feeling of being unsure weather to be excited or let down at the same time, and it never ends, because you never know o.o. It's like the cake is a lie but you are constantly told it's there for sure, and you believe it, just because it is hard to believe that it isn't actually there.

Half-Life 3 is a strange thing for me. I am used to waiting years for game and have games I love get shut done because A. The company is bought out. Or B. The company goes bankrupt, both of which won't happen to value any time in the foreseeable future. Therefore (in my mind) Half-Life 3 is being made and they know not talking about it will hype it up. Or two it's not being made and they just don't want to admit it. I do truely hope it's the first one, the wait is slowy killing me.

they should finish episode 3 first, you know.

Well, if they decided to skip episode 3 and just do Half-Life 3, it isn't a big deal, just means they decided to not do the whole episode thing, which to me makes more sense since it's been what 6 years since episode 2?

Half-Life 3 is a strange thing for me. I am used to waiting years for game and have games I love get shut done because A. The company is bought out. Or B. The company goes bankrupt, both of which won't happen to value any time in the foreseeable future. Therefore (in my mind) Half-Life 3 is being made and they know not talking about it will hype it up. Or two it's not being made and they just don't want to admit it. I do truely hope it's the first one, the wait is slowy killing me.

Yes, I agree, it's the same way for me. It's the only game in existence to ever give me this particular feeling of hope I guess you could say.

Everyone knows Valve can't count to 3.

Valve is just going to have to move on to a new series.

XD They better not move onto a new series. Half-Life was the start and it should continue till the end.

Jebediah Kerman landing on Jool.

Half Life 3 confirmed.

Agreed!

There will be an Episode 3 before there is a Half-Life 3. Episode 3 will document the destruction (or something) of the Borealis. All I know.

How do you know though? Why have they not released in episode 3 yet. Why would it take 6 years? The fact it's been so long, just makes me assume, there is no episode 3.

1024x0.resizedimage

you guys in a nutshell.

You, sir... Have just made my day. :D

Yeah, I have nfi WHAT the deal is with HL3... I've been waiting since 2007 for something, anything to tide me over. Any tidbit of news, any rumor, anything. It's frustrating when they released two left 4 dead games in that time frame but won't even tell us who have bought four games so far (five counting half-life source) that we will even be GETTING a fifth one, let alone when. (I will concede however, that Portal 2 was awesome and totally made up for the silence... somewhat)

My theories: Either

1) The project is dead. Deader than dead. Dead deadness on a dead guy dead, and nobody has told us yet. Or

2) The project has gone Duke Nukem Forever on us and is bouncing around from engine to engine, team to team, or concept to concept and will come to us a decade from now in a garbled up mess. Or

(and I am hopefully optimistic that this is the likeliest option, given Valve's reputation)

3) They've been working on the project full force since Ep. 2 released and they'll surprise us any day now with a fully formed sequel to end all sequels.

If it's option 3, maybe the radio silence is punishment for all the times the fanbase demanded release dates and information when Valve wasn't ready to deliver.

Maybe we brought this on ourselves... D:

Ya I have seen that, the problem is, it still doesn't confirm it. All that confirms is that they have been discussing it. It's actually a bit scary because there is only 1 topic on it, while a game like L4D3 has multiple topics. It's worrisome because it very well could mean they ONLY have been discussing it and that is all.

It's been so so long... they said they were moving to episodic development so they could deliver games more frequently. What happened to that?!

I'd be happy with HL2 E3 or HL3. What's on the title doesn't matter so much - it would be the next installment of the franchise, and that's what matters. Why the franchise has been neglected is a mystery to me.

I want Portal 3, not HL3

You know - there are references in Portal to Black Mesa. So it's safe to assume they both are meant to exist in the same fictional universe. Perhaps we may see a fusion-franchise game.

It's been so so long... they said they were moving to episodic development so they could deliver games more frequently. What happened to that?!

I'd be happy with HL2 E3 or HL3. What's on the title doesn't matter so much - it would be the next installment of the franchise, and that's what matters. Why the franchise has been neglected is a mystery to me.

You know - there are references in Portal to Black Mesa. So it's safe to assume they both are meant to exist in the same fictional universe. Perhaps we may see a fusion-franchise game.

Yes, they are both in the same universe. Black Mesa and Aperture Science apparently where competing with each other. I guess you could say a race to portal technology or something like that. At least I am pretty sure this is the case or something to a similar degree.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.