Learn C# Video

Learn a programming language in one and a half hour? That's one step up from those awful "Learn [programming language] in 21 days" books :)

I already learned about twenty programming languages in my life, and I did large-scale projects in about six of them (Basic, C++, PHP, ABAP, Java, Javascript). I usually prefer written tutorials for self-study. It makes it easier to process information at your own pace. Having the text allows you to copy and paste code. It also makes it easier to mark, right-click and google phrases or keywords when you want another reference.

By the way: Here is an image tutorial how to teach yourself programming in 21 days:

ars_longa_vita_brevis.png

Source: http://abstrusegoose.com/249

Edited by Crush

I'm working through one of those 24 hour books on SQL Server Integration Services, and they'd like me to be an expert in 2 weeks on data cubes and data warehouse.

Is there a smiley to show me hanging myself?

I'm working through one of those 24 hour books on SQL Server Integration Services, and they'd like me to be an expert in 2 weeks on data cubes and data warehouse.

Is there a smiley to show me hanging myself?

When you already have an understanding of SQL and worked with MSSQL before, it should be possible to become proficient in these areas (just not necessarily what one would call an expert). When you have no knowledge of relational databases at all, you are screwed.

When you already have an understanding of SQL and worked with MSSQL before, it should be possible to become proficient in these areas (just not necessarily what one would call an expert). When you have no knowledge of relational databases at all, you are screwed.

Agreed!

LOL, I've been in SQL mist of my career but never as yet had to create a data warehouse. I'm a software developer, not a DBA, but if that's what they want then I'm good with it. Just another tool for my mental toolbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.