[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

It's the same. 1 == one day's worth. 0.84 == 0.84 of a day's worth.

*bangs head on desk*

I know, but how long does it take it to process one kerbal-day of material. I can tell you it takes less than a day; I've had three Kerman missions go a year without the processor falling behind.

*bangs head on desk*

I know, but how long does it take it to process one kerbal-day of material. I can tell you it takes less than a day; I've had three Kerman missions go a year without the processor falling behind.

Oh! That would be the consumption rate, I think. So with a consumption rate of '1' it will turn 1 unit of whatever into 0.84 units of whatever else in one day. A consumption rate of 8 would be 8x that.

Oh! That would be the consumption rate, I think. So with a consumption rate of '1' it will turn 1 unit of whatever into 0.84 units of whatever else in one day. A consumption rate of 8 would be 8x that.

Now were on the same page mate :) I'm wondering if maybe it's in tons per day? I can guarentee that one processor can generate at least three Kerman-days per day because of experiments and flight experience... but it would be nice to be able to calculate how many Kermans one set of processors can support (I have some big missions coming up).

Short of going through the code (again) I think the mod's author might be the only one with a definitive answer.

Now were on the same page mate :) I'm wondering if maybe it's in tons per day? I can guarentee that one processor can generate at least three Kerman-days per day because of experiments and flight experience... but it would be nice to be able to calculate how many Kermans one set of processors can support (I have some big missions coming up).

Short of going through the code (again) I think the mod's author might be the only one with a definitive answer.

TACLS doesn't work in "tons". Its units are strictly "per day", with mass being calculated from that * the density setting. (I know this from my Realism Overhaul configs I've made for it.) So if you have a processor with a conversionrate of '8', that can keep up with the waste output of 8 kerbals. If you need the numbers for what it generates, multiply the conversion rate times the output and that will tell you how many kerbals it can actually support as far as the rate at which it regenerates stuff.

Edited by jrandom

^ what jrandom said.

The conversionRate is in units per day, which is multiplied by the number in the inputResources/outputResources. So the Carbon Extractor generates 8 * 0.9 units of Oxygen per day, and consumes 8 * 1 units of CarbonDioxide per day.

https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/blob/master/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportRecyclers/Recycler_CarbonExtractor.cfg#L55

^ what jrandom said.

The conversionRate is in units per day, which is multiplied by the number in the inputResources/outputResources. So the Carbon Extractor generates 8 * 0.9 units of Oxygen per day, and consumes 8 * 1 units of CarbonDioxide per day.

https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/blob/master/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportRecyclers/Recycler_CarbonExtractor.cfg#L55

Perfect, just what I needed. So 1 small convertor can up to support 7 Kermins (0.9 * 8 = 7.2) and the large convertor can support up to, well the same number (0.9 * 8.4 = 7.56). Stuck at work and was trying to work off of memory, somehow I misremembered it as 0.8 and 0.84 which was the source of confusion.

Is it a coincidence that this just happens to coincide with the number of Kermins required to create a command node in Remote Tech? A happy accident if it was :)

Is it a coincidence that this just happens to coincide with the number of Kermins required to create a command node in Remote Tech? A happy accident if it was :)

Even better: FASA Gemini comes with the BigG 6-kerbal crew module. Slap that underneath the Gemini pod (2-kerbals), combine with the RT remote guidance unit, and you've got yourself an 8-kerbal command station.

Cross-posting this from the realism overhaul thread.

I made models for an electrolyser and a fuel cell (technically a 12-cell stack).

They are available at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4y-shYXMH9BcEhsUWNyLXpXZEU&usp=sharing.

Electrolyser (from the Elektron diagrams, ignoring safety features such as a blast-proof housing and a nitrogen pressure hull).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Fuel cell (from tweaking the previous model and looking at the Apollo Operations Handbook). It's shown packed inside a service module with RCS tanks, O2 tanks, with MechJeb providing some awkward lighting.

Caveat: I do not use the same colour-coding as regex for O2, H2 and H2O. I sort of followed ISO 14726 for the pipes (http://www.maritimeprogress.com/downloads/M2-Pipe-Identification-Tape-to-ISO14726.pdf) and although this is probably bad practice, I used the same colour-coding for the tanks. It follows for instance that the O2 tanks in the electrolyser and fuel cell are gray-blue-gray (this happens to match the tanks in the Mk1 pod and on the launchpad), while the regex O2 tanks are yellow. Water is okay, it's blue.

EDIT: Updated version, CEN EN 1089-3 compliant.

Regarding licensing,

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by eggrobin
Update

I made models for an electrolyser and a fuel cell (technically a 12-cell stack).

They are available at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4y-shYXMH9BcEhsUWNyLXpXZEU&usp=sharing.

Electrolyser (from the Elektron diagrams, ignoring safety features such as a blast-proof housing and a nitrogen pressure hull).

This is really lovely. I'd like it more if the tank colours matched colour-coding (white for O2, grey for CO2, etc), but this is great. Would you be willing to supply a photoshop that has things in layers along with the models and tgas?

http://imgur.com/a/0ost5

Fuel cell (from tweaking the previous model and looking at the Apollo Operations Handbook). It's shown packed inside a service module with RCS tanks, O2 tanks, with MechJeb providing some awkward lighting.

http://imgur.com/a/etto1

Caveat: I do not use the same colour-coding as regex for O2, H2 and H2O. I sort of followed ISO 14726 for the pipes (http://www.maritimeprogress.com/downloads/M2-Pipe-Identification-Tape-to-ISO14726.pdf) and although this is probably bad practice, I used the same colour-coding for the tanks. It follows for instance that the O2 tanks in the electrolyser and fuel cell are gray-blue-gray (this happens to match the tanks in the Mk1 pod and on the launchpad), while the regex O2 tanks are yellow. Water is okay, it's blue.

Regarding licensing,

http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-sa/4.0/88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Ha! Cool part!

Is this up and running for .23 yet?

So far it works fine for me in .23, although there is a graphical bug in the VAB/SPH when you mouse-over any of the life support parts (the ones with all three resources). It doesn't break any actual gameplay, though, as far as I know.

This is really lovely. I'd like it more if the tank colours matched colour-coding (white for O2, grey for CO2, etc), but this is great. Would you be willing to supply a photoshop that has things in layers along with the models and tgas?

You mean using CEN EN 1089-3? I can do that (I was not quite fond of pipe markings on tanks anyway). Which parts of the tank should I colour? (Finding the shoulder of a shpere is hard.) I can make the psd s and blend s available, but then I keep tweaking things and moving the UV mapping around. My layers are very messy too (I often find myself drawing on the wrong one).

Edited to add: CEN EN 1089-3 is a standard for transportable cylinders. Should I also include transport GHS pictograms?

Edited by eggrobin

I think I will just pip in a confirm that as far as I can tell, TACLS is working 99% perfectly in .23. The only problem so far is the cosmetic issue with the parts in VAB/SPH. The life support containers (the air/water/food mixtures) have a graphical bug. When you hover over the items, they start to zoom in until the clip through the screen. Changing pages wil reset the items back to their normal view. It is only whilst you hover over the item that they zoom in, so if you hover for a short period you can have the screen filled with a very big version of the part. You can still select the item just fine to use it though, so this really is just a cosmetic issue.

You mean using CEN EN 1089-3? I can do that (I was not quite fond of pipe markings on tanks anyway). Which parts of the tank should I colour? (Finding the shoulder of a shpere is hard.) I can make the psd s and blend s available, but then I keep tweaking things and moving the UV mapping around. My layers are very messy too (I often find myself drawing on the wrong one).

Edited to add: CEN EN 1089-3 is a standard for transportable cylinders. Should I also include transport GHS pictograms?

Exactly (1089-3). I would say the central stripe you have coloured right now.

it doesn't seem to work. the kerbals don't use any resources.
i have the same problem kerbals not using resorces and none of them show up in the ls window

Did you launch the rocket? It does not do anything until the rocket or plane is launched. That way you can timewarp to your launch window without worrying about the crew.

If you did launch, and the rocket isn't still just sitting on the pad, then you need to give me more information than "it's not working".

(1) Did you check the debug log? Please upload it somewhere (dropbox or pastebin) so that I can look at it. You can find it at {KSP}/KSP_Data/output_log.txt

(2) What other mods do you have?

(3) Which operating system are you on: Windows/Linux/Mac?

Thanks!

finally got around to testing this. The recylers arn't using any electricy but they aren't recycling either. If left alone for awhile the wastewater and co2 build up or arn't caught up on reload.

Could you give more information? First, is it still happening? Are there any errors in the debug window? Can you upload the log file to somewhere (maybe dropbox or pastebin) so I can look at it? How long were you gone from the vessel, less than 24 hours or much much longer? Which OS are you on: Windows/Mac/Linux?

It didn't affect mine. but then the gui seems laggy or to have trouble populating the information at times. similar to how the gui for Engineer and Mechjeb wouldn't populate, except that it actually works after a few moments.

Would you explain a little more about what you are seeing? Is it during the first 1-2 seconds after level load? Or is it longer or happen much later during the same scene (without switching vessels)? Which OS are you on: Windows/Mac/Linux? Are there any errors in the debug window? Can you upload the log file to somewhere (maybe dropbox or pastebin) so I can look at it?

Thanks!

Changes

• Updated to 0.23.
  • The active vessel is now always listed first in the monitoring window.
  • Added a Build Aid window that you can use in the editor to see how many days the food/water/oxygen supplies on the vessel will last with the currently assigned crew and with the maximum number of crew the vessel can hold.
  • Implemented a work around for the part zooming bug in the editor.

Download from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tac-life-support/

Edited by TaranisElsu