"Russian" Kerbal Surname?

Fulbert

Right... because it's all in my own mind that this looks like Africa:

280px-Kerbin18.png

It's one thing to imagine a correlation in shape or form from something natural, it's another entirely to miss parallels in something designed by a human being, and its apparent influences. I'm not talking about seeing the Madonna in my morning toast.

Edited by HeadHunter67

Right... because it's all in my own mind that this looks like Africa:

280px-Kerbin18.png

It's one thing to imagine a correlation in shape or form from something natural, it's another entirely to miss parallels in something designed by a human being, and its apparent influences. I'm not talking about seeing the Madonna in my morning toast.

Certainly it looks like Africa, but it wasn't designed that way, or really at all. It's a slightly modified example map from the Libnoise library, and it's even been mirrored from the original. What you're seeing as a pattern is just the result of a (pseudo-)random process: thus, a form of pareidolia.

• 3 weeks later...

If we assume that 'Kerman' means 'earthling' or 'Earthman', but with Kerbin instead of Earth, then close Russian word will be 'Kerbalyanin' (úõрñðÃȄÂýøý) (with stress on 'ya' and plural 'Kerbalyane')

I like it.

Of course, if I find an alien on the Mun, I'll be calling him Üуýтøú.

https://www.youtube.com/user/luntik

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.