[v1.2.1] Noyuz Spacecraft - New panels available!

Xemit

How did you prevent the panels from rotating with the craft\'s velocity vector? That\'s what happened when I tried to use the parachute module for solar panels.

I\'ll have to do more testing, but, from what I\'ve seen so far, they do.

Well, you might have more success than I did with deployable stage decouplers. They are partially persistent. So if you decouple them from an 'anchor' part, they should get stuck in the anchor, but 'fall' into place as well. It\'s tricky, but doable.

Although, the easiest quick fix from Squad, would be 'spawnable' parts. IE a part that spawns a new part. The 'new' part could even just be invisible until the player presses the stage activation button (space). But it would work for now, even without animations, and allow a lot more to be added to the game.

Oh, gg then. :u

Well I figured that because of the technical limitations and the general uselessness of solar panels at this stage of development of the game people would 'just go with it'. Now the purpose of those is well, just looks, so please just point your ship at the vector, ok? I promise that when there will be a possible way of making this better I\'ll make it better as fast as I can. I realise this is far from perfect.

No .. This is a bug ... I\'ll give rocket from the VAB to the launch site, I\'m not doing anything! I not press the space !.... A parachute drops of rocket on the ground and explode .. (parachute icon is red, not yellow or blue)

Excuse my bad English

Ok Conquistador, that explanation is more helpful, thankyou.

I get this problem too with some parts. The Solar panel is too close to another part of the rocket. So when you go to launch, it bounces off the rocket and falls off.

You will need to change the size or shape of the rocket, so the solar panel has more space to fit on it. Perhaps upload your rocket here? Then we can change or fix it for you.

I do not know what can have a problem. Maybe it\'s the other mods, I do not know .... :\'(

screenshots here:

screenshot76.th.png

screenshot77d.th.png

screenshot85f.th.png

Solar panels are made ??but perfectly! Even if it wanted to do fairings Soyuz and functional LAS / SAS Tower, and the mod will be perfect!

Maybe you\'ll be interested in recreating RCS of the real Soyuz.

There are some data for the ships since Soyuz T, where RCS started using the same UDMH/N2O4 as the orbital engines (earlier Soyuz 7K ships had H2O2 RCS, but that configuration was a bit different and there is not enough data about this).

And also Progress-M freighter RCS data - externally the ships are very similar, except RCS configuration. Internally Progress has no life support, module decouples and landing equipment. And it has fuel tank for the station\'s RCS instead of the descent module.

All the RCS thrusters are on the service module (except the descent module\'s H2O2 attitude thrusters used only during reentry).

- On the rear part of the ship:

* 4 thrusters (12.7 kgf each) around the orbital engine. Thrust vector - back and a bit inward. Used for translation (front) and rotation (pitch/yaw, by using separate thrusters).

IMG_7633.jpg

Progress has 8 (4 pairs) of them (on the picture they are covered with white covers).

photo_02-06-01.jpg

(on the pictures the ships are a bit rotated. The thrusters above, below, left and right of the engine)

* 8 (4 pairs) radially (outward) faced attitude thrusters (2.7 kgf each) on the rear skirt for pitch/yaw control (Soyuz only, Progress doesn\'t have them)

- around the descent-service module decoupler

* 2 upward/downward facing thrusters (12.7 kgf each) on the upper and lower sides of the ship. Mostly for up/down translation. Also for roll control (by using 1 of each pair). On progress these are doubled.

* 2 blocks on the sides (just in front of the solar panels). Each consists of:

-> 2 (4 on Progress) radially (left/right) faced thrusters (12.7 kgf each). Mostly for left/right translation

-> 1 (2 since Soyuz TMA 5; 2 on Progress) front faced thrusters (12.7 kgf each). For backwards propulsion (also pitch/yaw control in combination with rear ones)

-> 2 tangentially (up and down) faced attitude thrusters (2.7 kgf each) for roll control (Soyuz only, Progress doesn\'t have them)

Soyuz TMA-M (the newest modification):

tk_souz-tma-m.jpg

Soyuz TMA (12 - RCS thrusters (12.7kgf each); 13 - attitude thrusters (2.7 kgf each))

069.jpg

Progress-M freighter (note the double amount of the large RCS thrusters, and lack of the small ones. And a bit different shape of RCS blocks on the sides):

346381820.jpg

ISS_Progress_cargo_spacecraft.jpg

Maybe you\'ll be interested in recreating RCS of the real Soyuz.

There are some data for the ships since Soyuz T, where RCS started using the same UDMH/N2O4 as the orbital engines (earlier Soyuz 7K ships had H2O2 RCS, but that configuration was a bit different and there is not enough data about this).

And also Progress-M freighter RCS data - externally the ships are very similar, except RCS configuration. Internally Progress has no life support, module decouples and landing equipment. And it has fuel tank for the station\'s RCS instead of the descent module.

All the RCS thrusters are on the service module (except the descent module\'s H2O2 attitude thrusters used only during reentry).

- On the rear part of the ship:

* 4 thrusters (12.7 kgf each) around the orbital engine. Thrust vector - back and a bit inward. Used for translation (front) and rotation (pitch/yaw, by using separate thrusters).

IMG_7633.jpg

Progress has 8 (4 pairs) of them (on the picture they are covered with white covers).

photo_02-06-01.jpg

(on the pictures the ships are a bit rotated. The thrusters above, below, left and right of the engine)

* 8 (4 pairs) radially (outward) faced attitude thrusters (2.7 kgf each) on the rear skirt for pitch/yaw control (Soyuz only, Progress doesn\'t have them)

- around the descent-service module decoupler

* 2 upward/downward facing thrusters (12.7 kgf each) on the upper and lower sides of the ship. Mostly for up/down translation. Also for roll control (by using 1 of each pair). On progress these are doubled.

* 2 blocks on the sides (just in front of the solar panels). Each consists of:

-> 2 (4 on Progress) radially (left/right) faced thrusters (12.7 kgf each). Mostly for left/right translation

-> 1 (2 since Soyuz TMA 5; 2 on Progress) front faced thrusters (12.7 kgf each). For backwards propulsion (also pitch/yaw control in combination with rear ones)

-> 2 tangentially (up and down) faced attitude thrusters (2.7 kgf each) for roll control (Soyuz only, Progress doesn\'t have them)

Soyuz TMA-M (the newest modification):

tk_souz-tma-m.jpg

Soyuz TMA (12 - RCS thrusters (12.7kgf each); 13 - attitude thrusters (2.7 kgf each))

069.jpg

Progress-M freighter (note the double amount of the large RCS thrusters, and lack of the small ones. And a bit different shape of RCS blocks on the sides):

346381820.jpg

ISS_Progress_cargo_spacecraft.jpg

Wow dude, where did you get all that? I\'ve been looking for something like this for like two weeks. Also, there really is a lot of those thrusters on it, would you mind circling them on the pictures, because I don\'t really see what\'s a thruster and what\'s not. Also you just got yourself a special mention in the next readme.

Can I do this?

069by.th.jpg iss003e7094.th.jpg soyuztma6spacecraft.th.jpg soyuztma7spacecraft2.th.jpg

Will you add some more details to the models and improve them? And landing engine - why?

Thanks for the circles and about that engine, well according to various internet sources the soyuz does in fact have something like that. I\'m aware that its implementation leaves much to offer and thus I\'m in the middle of pretty much remaking all of the parts to improve their overall quality.

I\'m having a lot of trouble attaching the solar panels.

They\'ll blip green for a split second, and then sink inside the fuel tank.

Any help?

I screwed up the collision meshes of the fuel tanks and the attachment points of the panels while rushing out the release. I have both of those issues fixed already but I wanted to release them together with those improved rcs modules. But if it\'s really bad I can make a new release, no problem.

So let\'s have a vote, bugfix release y/n?

Wow dude, where did you get all that? I\'ve been looking for something like this for like two weeks. Also, there really is a lot of those thrusters on it, would you mind circling them on the pictures, because I don\'t really see what\'s a thruster and what\'s not. Also you just got yourself a special mention in the next readme.

Just when I saw your Soyuz ship, I thought that it really can\'t have such RCS bocks. So I searched a bit about what it really has...

It\'s really not so easy to find. Especially pictures where these thrusters can really be seen well (there are only few pictures with that thruster block). And I didn\'t find any normal data about RCS of the initial versions (7K series) - there are almost no normal photos, and no drawn pictures feature anything except single RCS thrusters on the top/bottom of the ship (There are only couple good photos from Apollo-Soyuz, but these don\'t show everything) . But it\'s well known that these had really limited amount of fuel and didn\'t allow much maneuvering, especially manually. And with the new ones Soyuz really can do incredible things (like manual docking without navigation systems - there was such problem with broken Salyut-7 station)

Also a nice picture of the fairing (it can also split at descent-service module decoupler level - in case of using the escape tower)

souz-y_3sg9.gif

souz-y_3sg10.gif

rn_souz.jpg

Thanks man, I really appreciate all that stuff. Thanks to those renders I\'ll be able to make better textures (inspiration), arrange the parts better, make that servicemodule-orbitalmodule connector thing and that prong and see the rcs modules more clearly. Dude, seriously :thumbup: