My high and odd [12] IQ tests results!

Techiastronamo

So yesterday I took 12 IQ tests from my local college. A day later, I got the results and a certificate in. It said that I scored a perfect and exact 154 on all 12 tests. EXACT?! Why and how the heck in Kerbal/Human history can I achieve this perfection? The 12 tests were all different, or atleast seems different. I have a small problem of a bit shorter than average memory. I did remember 1 or 2 questions from it, but never appeared in any of the other tests except the test it was itself in. Is this a coincidence or a destiny for me to achieve my dream of becoming a world-famed astronaut/astrophysicist? I love physics, astronomy, and computers. I also am in work of making a micronation, going well though! I do want to know if this is normal to average perfection like this?

Did you test one-on-one with a counselor/proctor? I was administered the WISC in elementary since my test scores were unusually high for my age and it served as an entrance exam for the gifted program. I scored a 175 on it, while the minimum for acceptance was 135. Any test that isn't administered, monitored, and evaluated by a trained professional is useless. I've taken individual/unmonitored exams both online and in person and have varied from 98 to 276. IQ tests generally max out around 200, although there really isn't an upper limit (theoretically speaking) at all.

I'm curious as to what specific test you took. There's no such thing as a perfect or exact score. It's a generalized measure of speed and accuracy in a series of areas. Also, I'm assuming you're referring to twelve subtests as part of the overall test, not twelve different IQ tests. If it was in fact a series of twelve different tests (not individual subtests on specific areas), then I definitely call bogus because it's not possible to score the exact same numbers on every test out there; every test is adjusted and scored differently, resulting in scores as close as five points or less at times or scores more than twenty points in discrepancy at other times. That's why they have to be administered and

I'm also especially suspicious of the certificate. Every instance of legitimate IQ testing I've seen gives a results sheet, much like an SAT or ACT, that has a lot of information and numbers on it. I've never seen a test come back with a gold star and "I scored a 9001 on the GoodOldTests.com IQ test!" sheet. I've also never seen them come back the very next day. Mine took about a week, even though the counselor that administered it evaluated it himself.

I could definitely comment more if you could provide more information. Scans of the papers uploaded to imgur would be especially informative. IQ testing is up there with Nigerian princes in sheer amounts of fraud, and it's something that should be taken very seriously. People should have accurate results, not something churned out by a flawed automatic system. I've seen so many arguments between people about their 192s and 215s online and their disappointment of getting a 106 on a legitimate test.

EDIT:

I completely neglected to comment on the rest of your post. The shorter than average memory is a common symptom among intelligences outside of one or two standard deviations (less than 85 and more than 115), although it isn't indicative of such intelligence. I personally have a similar issue with memory, although it's hardly noticeable. I do find myself forgetful at times, especially when in flow or tired. It's possible for me to go for hours and then have no memory of any of it immediately afterward.

Also, IQ tests are worthless in judging your "fate". If your brain is a sponge and knowledge is water, IQ is the sponge material. Lower IQs are less porous, resulting in lower absorption and a lower rate of absorption. Higher IQs are more porous, resulting in better absorption and overall carrying capacity for knowledge.

What determines your fate is your work ethic and your natural talents. Assuming both of our IQs (my 175 and your 154) are entirely accurate, that makes us geniuses. Are we therefore destined to become astrophysicists? No. I know plenty of men and women with high intelligence that are doing vastly different things. Clary made the gifted cut at 137. She's starting her second year at Harvard this fall. Colby had a 149. He had a 2.1 GPA, worked at McDonald's for two weeks before quitting, then killed himself a month before graduating high school. Jonathan wasn't in the program, but was tested and actually had a 93 and was diagnosed with dyslexia (or lysdexia, as he jokingly calls it at times). He did six months in an Oklahoma technical school and now welds motorcycles for Honda and makes close to $75K a year working a nine-to-five Monday through Friday. I myself am getting my Master's in Architecture, a program that takes five years at my university.

Is there a correlation between intelligence and annual salary? Hell yes there is. Research has shown that lower IQs generally make less than higher IQs. It's not a causal relationship though. You have to 1) work hard at whatever you decide to do, 2) have a natural affinity for it, and 3) enjoy doing it. I took calculus my senior year of high school in preparation for college as an electrical engineer. It was challenging, yes, but the ultimate reason why it was the only D I ever made in high school was because I hated it. I can do math. I can do logic. The problem is that it ultimately bores the hell out of me. It literally gets into my head and pains me. When I discovered this halfway through my senior year, my wife suggested I check out architecture because creative video games (The Sims, Minecraft, KSP) were all that I played and she saw that I enjoyed making things. I'm about to start my second year of school now. Yes, it can be difficult. It's no easy task to intelligently design a building while weighing factors ranging from structural stability to cultural impact and juggling the whole thing at once. But I ultimately love it. It's one of the few things that induces flow in me. Without getting into life views (I'm a Christian), I believe that my place in the world is being creative and using my natural talent (and love) for creativity to help people and improve their lives.

With that all in mind, you're only destined to be who you discover yourself to be. You sound young, and you have a lot of life to live before you can really figure out what class you're playing. Some people start tracking from birth. Others die after ninety years on this planet never having figured out what they wanted or were good at. It's as variable a thing as individuals are themselves. That's the best advice I can give you.

Edited by Phawks

Did you test one-on-one with a counselor/proctor? I was administered the WISC in elementary since my test scores were unusually high for my age and it served as an entrance exam for the gifted program. I scored a 175 on it, while the minimum for acceptance was 135. Any test that isn't administered, monitored, and evaluated by a trained professional is useless. I've taken individual/unmonitored exams both online and in person and have varied from 98 to 276. IQ tests generally max out around 200, although there really isn't an upper limit (theoretically speaking) at all.

I'm curious as to what specific test you took. There's no such thing as a perfect or exact score. It's a generalized measure of speed and accuracy in a series of areas. Also, I'm assuming you're referring to twelve subtests as part of the overall test, not twelve different IQ tests. If it was in fact a series of twelve different tests (not individual subtests on specific areas), then I definitely call bogus because it's not possible to score the exact same numbers on every test out there; every test is adjusted and scored differently, resulting in scores as close as five points or less at times or scores more than twenty points in discrepancy at other times. That's why they have to be administered and

I'm also especially suspicious of the certificate. Every instance of legitimate IQ testing I've seen gives a results sheet, much like an SAT or ACT, that has a lot of information and numbers on it. I've never seen a test come back with a gold star and "I scored a 9001 on the GoodOldTests.com IQ test!" sheet. I've also never seen them come back the very next day. Mine took about a week, even though the counselor that administered it evaluated it himself.

I could definitely comment more if you could provide more information. Scans of the papers uploaded to imgur would be especially informative. IQ testing is up there with Nigerian princes in sheer amounts of fraud, and it's something that should be taken very seriously. People should have accurate results, not something churned out by a flawed automatic system. I've seen so many arguments between people about their 192s and 215s online and their disappointment of getting a 106 on a legitimate test.

Sounds sorta like the episode of king of the hill where peggy is scammed from a test that basically is set up so you always get high scores. If you were charged for those tests things might be getting a bit fishy...

Okay...So many questions from you. 1 problem, I don't have any answers for you currently.

Okay. Well, in that case, I'll watch this topic in case you can provide some answers later. Otherwise, I can't really give you much more information than I already have.

IQ tests are a great way of identifying people who are good at scoring well in IQ tests

Haha you made my day actually :D Well I get happy as I see genius people around. I took one of those when I was pretty little and probably not understood much out of them but they tell me I did an over-average score on the test however I tried taking an online one and I thought about publishing an ad on a newspaper so that people could donate me some of their IQ's after that :D I hope you are going to fulfill you dreams. My dream is to be a pilot and also a good engineer so I could lead the space program of Turkey since no one is giving a **** about it in here.

I usually score rather well on IQ tests as well, but they are hardly indicative of actual intelligence, like Sid said. There are simply too many different tests, with different standards, done in different ways. Besides, intelligence can't be summarised in a single number, simply because you can be intelligent in different ways. There are people who can tell the weekday of any date, but are unable to tie their own shoes. Does that make them more intelligent than someone who's average at everything, but writes good poems?

What you should be looking for is a general aptitude test. Using them, I can say that I'm excellent at remembering things, solving logical problems, mathematics, the word part of speaking and writing, but also that I'm awful at music, keeping focus, storytelling, and anything creative that requires me to imagine things myself.

My dream is to be a pilot and also a good engineer so I could lead the space program of Turkey since no one is giving a **** about it in here.

I remember watching the " Turkish Stars " aerobatic team back when they were flying the F-104 Starfighter - it was awesome. Good luck !

I am very young to have an IQ of 154. 12 years to be precise.

Wow you are pretty young actually! Hope everything will be just like you imagine in you life, I'm sure you will be doing a lot about the rocket science with that IQ :)

IQ, if you recall is your measured "mental age" divided by your actual age, times 100.

It tends to be higher when you're younger, and peak around 12 to 16 years old.

When I was 11, my IQ was 140. Now it's about 100. no suprise if you assume the test consistetly underestimates the reasoning and problem solving abilities of children.

I did an IQ test once many years ago, a chap with a clipboard stopped me in the street and said i looked very intelligent, so naturally after flattery like that how could i refuse the perfectly normal offer from a stranger of a random IQ test, a five minute test later i was informed i had an IQ of 280 no less! Then he asked if i'd like to buy some books he had on various subjects but i had no money, so sadly i never got to explore the mysterious innards of my colossal brain any further, i think it must have shrunk a lot since then because today i can only count to ten thanks to having ten fingers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.