Stock Moon Rocket.

Please try my only-stock-parts moon rocket design.(attachment) It handles not too bad and has plenty of spare fuel if your flying is not so perfect.

Manual/Checklist:

- Turn on SAS

- set throttle to full

- Start first stage

- Dont touch anything until you have an airspeed of more than 140 m/s

- At 140+ SLIGHTLY and CAREFULLY point the rocket in the right direction (90 degrees). Do so by disabling SAS for a few seconds at a time.

- After the first stage is burnt out and disposed of, the handling gets 'wobbly' but controllable. Point it into Orbit now and use the fuel of the second stage to expand the orbit as far as possible.

- After the second stage is burnt out you should have an orbit that intersects with the mun orbit. Use the third stage to alter that and initiate approach to mun.

- If you did perfect maneuvering, you have enough fuel left in the third stage to land with it. If not, you should use the 4th stage.

If you have a significantly better design (stock parts only), please share.

I believe the section you\'re looking for is the \'Spacecraft Exchange\'. Anybody who has a rocket design that they want to share can put it there.

It promises to be a nice rocket, I\'ll check it out.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it\'s so big I can\'t control it. I ended up aborting the mission after 20 minutes of real time, with about 4 minutes of game time elapsed.

Why do I only get index.php to download when I press any download link nowadays? Kinda meh!

It\'s the new firefox update-it doesn\'t work well with the forum software. Currently, I\'m afraid the only solution is to use something else.

That is one behemoth. She\'s a wild ride on the 4th stage. But has fuel to spare for space travel

Here is another I think slightly smaller behemoth... Lander has 11 LFT, 4 LFE 3 SRB ASAS 3 RCS Fuel.

It is stock except for Silisko lander legs.

It flies extremely easy on takeoff, except for the terrible frame rate at launch. The poor framerate continues until the separated main engines crash back on Kearth, so make sure you separate without creating orbit.

Steps:

Turn on SAS

Full throttle

Launch

Separate boosters (2 LFTs worth of time)

Ignite SRBs

Detach SRBs

Let main engines burn out and detach them in non Kerbal orbit

Forward stages until main engines on lander turn on (3 engines)

Orbit, head to Mun, land

Next stage turns on center engine on lander (can use on landing if required)

Take off from Mun

Next stage detaches 3 lander engines

Next stage ignites SRBs

Get back to Kearth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.