[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.22 Discussion thread

ngianoplus

What features are most likely to make it into .22?  

1. 1. What features are most likely to make it into .22?

• Enhanced IVA's
    • Resources and Mining
    • Discovery and Celestials
    • New Aerodynamics and Reentry
    • Kerbal Training
    • Weather and Clouds
    • More work on career mode (be specific in comments)
    • More work on current celestials (lava, craters, geysers, etc)
    • Heavy Optimazation

Where did he post the Eeloo stuff?

Here is the whole post-

Some general concepts for changes and addition that are drifting around my head (not to say this is the way they'll be though, we've all gotta generally agree what to implement and this is just my take! Plus discovery mechanics and hence the rest of the system won't happen for many updates)

Jool: Actually the second-smallest gas giant, with unusually large moons. All other gas giants would have objects smaller than or comparable to Moho.

- Laythe: Very volcanic because of its proximity and the tidal forces from the other moons. Still oceans of water, but now with actual active volcanos with lava lakes (that destroy things)

- Vall: Never liked the design of vall too much. I'd like to make it a bit more like eeloo, with large cracks in the ice and a more chaotic surface.

- Tylo: Never liked this either, also needs to be redone. Perhaps turned into a highly-contrasting body like Iapetus.

- More tiny moons: Just a bunch of small moonlets, at least 20. Probably would be nameable by the player or given designations (ex. J-17 for the 17th moon of Jool discovered)

Gas planet 2: ~50% larger than Jool, with rings. Early version shown on a stream a while ago.

- Eeloo: Relocated to orbit GP2, now with large geysers that can knock your ship around (prototyped several weeks ago, they function quite well)

- Daphy: Unusually smooth and round ball of fluff. An asteroid which has accumulated material from the rings, practically no gravity.

- Potatus: Small moon with relatively high inclination relative to GP2's equator. Composed of ices surrounding a highly dense core. Very rapid rotation (21 minutes) causes it to be stretched into an oblate spheroid (prototyped a while ago, the physics actually work and are really cool)

- Fonso: Largest moon, ~300 km radius. Very mountainous, with a thick atmosphere that only extends partway up the mountains (as in, the mountain peaks are in vacuum, while the proper surface is at two atmospheres)

- Tiny moons: Same case as Jool

Gas planet 3: Perhaps not an actual gas planet, could be a 2000km rocky planet with a thick atmosphere (have fun landing under 6g and 30 atmospheres of pressure)

- Moon with rings? Would have to be diffuse rings as well as recent, fully-formed rings wouldn't last long in that position.

Gas planet 4: Who knows.

Beyond: Who knows x2

Edited by ngianoplus

Before I get upset, are you saying this about .21 or all of the updates?

21, when I was on 18, then 19, it was nice, now it plain Vacs, seems like they are more interested in making pretty things, rather than making effective things. I know this is a game that a couple of guys wanted to play with, but releasing a version, then tweaking it with pretty things, then, having the Gaul to charge for it? Wow, I think they should make it totally free UNTIL they get a good enough for public play Version out. What happens down the road when they have tweaked it so much that to the average computer user it's not runnable? He has invested time and money and for what? A 200gb plus must be downloaded oh and by the way you need the mega sprite 5million video card, oh and the ultra sound card, 12 gb memory, etc etc...? Never release a product until your sure it will be relatively usable by the common man, otherwise your just apple in disguise.

IMO someone needs to open up a support forum for the old working version and sod the updates.

End rant.

Edited by ThePyrateCaptain

21, when I was on 18, then 19, it was nice, now it plain Vacs, seems like they are more interested in making pretty things, rather than making effective things. I know this is a game that a couple of guys wanted to play with, but releasing a version, then tweaking it with pretty things, then, having the Gaul to charge for it? Wow, I think they should make it totally free UNTIL they get a good enough for public play Version out. What happens down the road when they have tweaked it so much that to the average computer user it's not runnable? He has invested time and money and for what? A 200gb plus must be downloaded oh and by the way you need the mega sprite 5million video card, oh and the ultra sound card, 12 gb memory, etc etc...? Never release a product until your sure it will be relatively usable by the common man, otherwise your just apple in disguise.

End rant.

Pretty things? The redone Space Center? Now I am just as upset that they are not adding stuff like tweakables, redone drag, etc. But, the new Space Center uses LESS resources! The reason you must pay is because they need funding, I assume. Now I can't be certain, but they will not make a game that cannot be run by supercomputers :P

Pretty things? The redone Space Center? Now I am just as upset that they are not adding stuff like tweakables, redone drag, etc. But, the new Space Center uses LESS resources! The reason you must pay is because they need funding, I assume. Now I can't be certain, but they will not make a game that cannot be run by supercomputers :P

But sir, the math don't add up, the most users on this forum site (record) is 4025, assuming its 25 bucks a copy, that's 103,000 bucks, windows didn't have a budget that big. And that 4025 is assuming they all have legit copies, most of the fixes that come up comes from the mod makers and they can't get paid. Lemme sell you a car, now you can't get paid to fix it, but we can. The ONLY thing that saves this "game" is the mod makers. I have given up on trying to run the newest version unit

A mod maker fixes it. Then I will send him the 25 bucks. :P

I'm thinking a air update like thing. aerodynamics rentery and whether. Also finish the iva's, mk2 plane cockpit has a window on the outside but not in the inside.

If .22 has revamped aerodynamics I will jump with joy! I thought back in .19 that the aero update would be .22, so let's see if that is the case!