MechJeb install help

Howdy...

First post, with need of some help. I had been using MechJeb 1.9.8 with good result's. And then I decided to follow some vid's on building some rocket's...

One needed to have MechJeb 2.0.8 installed to follow his build. And I installed "2.0.9.0" But I think I messed everything up, because the new version wouldn't work and caused lock up's...

So I D/L'd the new version for KSP and did a clean install!

So what or how is the best way to install the latest version of MechJeb, and is 2.0.9.0 the only version I need to installed?

Thanks

Piper

I have not installed MechJeb, but I would assume that just like every other mod copying, pasting, and clicking merge all would work.

This is copying form the downloaded (and extracted) mod folder to your ksp folder.

I did a clean 0.21 (kerbal) install and downloaded the new mechjeb, unzipped it into the folder and it worked just straight. I think you'd better delete any old mechjeb versions. 2.0.9 is the only version you need, just be sure it will install into the GameData-Folder (*ksp_root_path*/GameData/MechJeb2/...), so the parts and plugins folder are located there. Then everything should work fine, the DLL is packed inside, so no need to download it seperately.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I've got the latest Mechjeb(2.0.9.0) and KSP (0.21.1.276) I think and have studiously followed the directions for installing files into the 'plugins' and 'parts' folder, but no mods are showing up in the VAB. In fact, it doesn't seem to matter what files I add, the game plays as stock. I'm sure Ive missed something really obvious- any tips?

Oh, and fwiw, I haven't seen a 'gamedata' folder anywhere- should I create that?

Hi all, I've got the latest Mechjeb(2.0.9.0) and KSP (0.21.1.276) I think and have studiously followed the directions for installing files into the 'plugins' and 'parts' folder, but no mods are showing up in the VAB. In fact, it doesn't seem to matter what files I add, the game plays as stock. I'm sure Ive missed something really obvious- any tips?

Oh, and fwiw, I haven't seen a 'gamedata' folder anywhere- should I create that?

Did you put it in the right parts folder? As in the folder that is located in the KSP_win folder rather than the one in the gamedata folder.

Edit-sorry didn't read your last bit somehow.

You should already have a game data folder, it is where all of your stock parts are located. You should have a file named KSP_win and inside that the first folder should be your GameData folder. Ignore the game data folder and go down there should be a parts and a plugins folder (not plugins data just plugins). Those are the folders you want to install mechjeb to.

Edited by annallia

Aha, I see what the problem is now. Very helpful thanks.

I've installed it via Steam, but had the demo in a straight install, so had two sets of KSP directories. Steam users beware- your folders are tucked away under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\... or similar.

Working a treat now, ta.

Did you put it in the right parts folder? As in the folder that is located in the KSP_win folder rather than the one in the gamedata folder.

Edit-sorry didn't read your last bit somehow.

You should already have a game data folder, it is where all of your stock parts are located. You should have a file named KSP_win and inside that the first folder should be your GameData folder. Ignore the game data folder and go down there should be a parts and a plugins folder (not plugins data just plugins). Those are the folders you want to install mechjeb to.

And to start Mechjeb you have to add a module. It can be found under the CONTROL tab.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.